What kind of SB for CP soap?

beau's mama

Well, y'all know how it is...the addiction NEVER ends! Always something new to conquer. All I need is some lye & a flat rate box and I'll have no more excuses as to why I can't possible try CP

(HEY SIS, ARE YOU READING THIS?

:laugh2: )

Do I really need a fancy smancy SB w/ lots of different speeds or is an ordinary 2 speed (hi/low) good enough? Do I need a seperate one for lotion & CP? I've got my eye on a KA immersion blender.

TIA

me

No more excuses!

KA immersion blenders are VERY nice.

I use a $10 Walmart 2 speed special. I've worn the name off of it, so I can't tell you want brand it is.

And yeah....you need a separate one for lotions. I have two. Wanna know what I just found kicks major a$$ for lotions/creams??? A stick blender with a whisk attachment! OMG...it so freakin' rocks!

Hehehe I can send you some lye......I have 50 lbs. What's your address and I'll send some to ya! (IN a flat rate box if I have to!)

Donna

No more excuses! KA immersion blenders are VERY nice.

I use a $10 Walmart 2 speed special. I've worn the name off of it, so I can't tell you want brand it is.

And yeah....you need a separate one for lotions. I have two. Wanna know what I just found kicks major a$$ for lotions/creams??? A stick blender with a whisk attachment! OMG...it so freakin' rocks!

Hehehe I can send you some lye......I have 50 lbs. What's your address and I'll send some to ya! (IN a flat rate box if I have to!) Donna

Ooooh that's good to know. I was at KA's site & the SB w/ the attachments was what I was looking at! And that's what I thought also...LOTION!:yay: I've been using the one I have for lotions, but I can only imagine how fluffy the whisk can make it.

Now I'm off to price compare.

I'm good on the lye. One of the many nice members here is getting a box of goodies (incl lye :yay: ) ready for their new home.

Where the heck do you keep 50#'s of lye???

The best stickblender I've found comes in wild colors and is under 20.00 before shipping. LMAO! Mine is dark purple. It is a Wolfgang Puck- I will check the box for the torque on it. Multi-speed and the blades come out easy peasy. This sucker is the BOMB! Best SB I own~ but it is a bit heavy like the Kitchenaid.

I bought it on eBay. I'll look for the seller and post it later. :)

I believe it comes in red, pink, black, cobalt blue and forest green.

The best stickblender I've found comes in wild colors and is under 20.00 before shipping. LMAO! Mine is dark purple. It is a Wolfgang Puck- I will check the box for the torque on it. Multi-speed and the blades come out easy peasy. This sucker is the BOMB! Best SB I own~ but it is a bit heavy like the Kitchenaid.

I bought it on eBay. I'll look for the seller and post it later. :)

I believe it comes in red, pink, black, cobalt blue and forest green.

Is heavy bad?

I always tend to lean toward KA as far as counter top appliances b/c that's pretty much all I've ever used. But 30 bucks or so sounds good to me too!

And I'm such a dork! I got a another whisk attachment & bowl for my KA stand mixer off feeBay to make body butter with...never occured to me til now to try that w/ my lotion.

So yeah, get that link posted woman! :D

Is heavy bad?

I always tend to lean toward KA as far as counter top appliances b/c that's pretty much all I've ever used. But 30 bucks or so sounds good to me too!

And I'm such a dork! I got a another whisk attachment & bowl for my KA stand mixer off feeBay to make body butter with...never occured to me til now to try that w/ my lotion.

So yeah' date=' get that link posted woman! :D[/quote']

It isn't super heavy. A big longer as well.

This one has 550W and 5 speeds. The seller I bought it from was ebay seller Dakmart. I found another seller- this is the model I have for illustration purposes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wolfgang-Puck-550W-Immersion-Blender-Chopper-BLUE_W0QQitemZ310012572180QQihZ021QQcategoryZ20668QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It isn't super heavy. A big longer as well.

This one has 550W and 5 speeds. The seller I bought it from was ebay seller Dakmart. I found another seller- this is the model I have for illustration purposes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wolfgang-Puck-550W-Immersion-Blender-Chopper-BLUE_W0QQitemZ310012572180QQihZ021QQcategoryZ20668QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

MA, thanks for the link.

I looked up Dakmart & they have 1, but it's 200 watts & it looks different.

Now my NEW question: does wattage (is that a word?) really matter?

Geez, looks like I'm about to become a pain in y'alls arses LOL

KA girl here. I got it in '05 and it's still going strong. I don't make tons of soap so maybe my recommendation does not carry a lot of weight. I like that it has nine speeds, does not incorporate bubbles into your mix, unless you tilt it. I have used the whisk like attachment for my trial butter blends. I like it. :yay:

TAS

MA' date=' thanks for the link.

I looked up Dakmart & they have 1, but it's 200 watts & it looks different.

Now my NEW question: does wattage (is that a word?) really matter?

Geez, looks like I'm about to become a pain in y'alls arses LOL[/quote']

Well, I'd equate it with driving a 4 cylinder to cruising with an 8 cylinder.

If that makes any sense. The 550W would have more torque.