Old Mill Goddess...does it

Kymber

AJ's review from another board:

icon_minipost.gifPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:20 pm Post subject: icon_quote.gif I have tested this fo in CP and the scent sticks very well. Nice and strong at 1 oz. ppo. No morphing, discoloring or fading with my batch. Slight a when I tested it, but my conditions were not optimal or well controlled as they usually are when I test (I was demonstrating making CP at an outdoor craft festival). Although this scent is not everyone's cup of tea, I have some customers who love the scent.

Thanks E!

Mine turned a yellowish color...well it is still in the mold but has a yellow hue. I tried to swirl it with cornflower blue mica and that at the moment is a aqua greenish blue. I'll have to wait and take a look at it when I unmold it.

Going out on a limb here .... but maybe ya'll are using oils that are different than what AJ used and that might be the reason for the yellowish color.

I know that the oils I use always have a cream to yellowish color even when I don't use FO.

Just trying to help ;)

I usually make mine in a goddess mold and layer scented soap and unscented soap. There is an ivory layer (unscented) and a tan layer (scented). I think I'm going to just stop using the unscented layer because no one seems to mind the color.

I have soaped Goddess many different times in different recipes and every time, it has discolored to a light tan or beige.

ETA: I've been buying Goddess for about 5 years and soaping it for about 3. The formulation has always seemed exactly the same to me.

Hey Scented: I think I once sent you a Goddess bar. It was a darker tan color and I think it had some salt in it. If memory serves me right. It wasn't the prettiest because of the color. But darn this scent just sells like hot cakes for me regardless of the application or how it looks in it.

Well mine definately discolored to a yellowish tan color....and my cornflower blue mica is a aqua/greeny/bluey something or another. Does smell heavenly tho! This was just a tester batch to see how it behaved and how the scent blossomed in CP. Not the prettiest soap on the rack but will work great in my shower...LOL

I've been using that for my 'Red Hat Society' soaps, swirled with red and deep purple. The part that is left uncolored IS a yellowish-tan, but the discoloration improves the tone of the red & purple! It sells very well.