Color to Lotion

hawaiiansun

Hmm..it's been a long time since I've made an 8oz batch. I think color is one of those things you just have to do til it looks the way you want it to. For instance, I have a few different shades of pink, and a few different shades of green... My batches of lotion are probably never exactly the same..but they are dang close. I always get an extra drop or six in there :lipsrseal Sorry I'm not much help. The only answer I have is just to add til you like the color LOL.

I just quit the color.It looked pretty just like the candles but decided not this year and maybe never.People still look.I didn;t think they would.I just have a hard time which one they are looking at since the red is strawberry, endless love maybe a pink,sunflower (yellow) and so forth.

Lotion in my area is not a big seller but like to have 12-14 bottles. I did sell some last year left over from shows to a friend who's nephew was getting married.

When the color is put in the 8 ounce bottle do the bare min.My experience with blueberry was a huge flop.Thinking it should not be light blue told my husband let's add more color.It was trashed.Decided blueberry will be no color.I think also that I decided no color when was told to use water based food coloring.It would work and not the skin safe dyes.It is very safe but decided now is the time to go NO COLOR(natural).

It just depends on the color you are going for. For instance last weekend I made about 16oz of pink lotion. I used 4-5 drops I think. Some colors require more drops some require less.:)

How are those lotion bottles working out for you Val?:D

Thanks Kim, the bottles are great I like the size :wink2: