CP that turned into HP??

Kymber

I made soap yesterday using a Lemongrass FO. I always add my fragrance to my oils ... so when I added the lye it went from liquid to solid in 3 seconds. Holy crap...first time I have seen that happen. Anyway I threw it on a super low burner on the stove and proceeded to heat it and cook it down to a transparent looking glob of mashed potatoes. I then poured it into a mold. Since this has never happened before and I have never done this before....would that be similar to HP? OR more like rebatch...LOL

....would that be similar to HP? OR more like rebatch...LOL

Yes.

:P

I'm not sure where the deliniation is. If you get soap, and it cures....is it then rebatch? Like I had Peak's Ocean do cottage cheese on me. I got it in the mold and the next day I cut it into bars. The second day it started weeping lye.....:confused: ....so I chunked it up and HP'd it in the crockpot. So, was that HP or a rebatch?

I'm sure your soap is fine. I've not used Lemongrass FO, but I've used EO and had plenty of time to work....just for future reference.

Donna

Thanks Donna!

Did the Lemongrass EO stick well? I have thought about buying the EO and trying that but afraid it will lose it's scent. I haven't worked with EO's in soap much at all but have that on my to do list this year.

Thanks Donna!

Did the Lemongrass EO stick well? I have thought about buying the EO and trying that but afraid it will lose it's scent. I haven't worked with EO's in soap much at all but have that on my to do list this year.

It sure does! A bit too well....hehe (read that as: I put a bit too much in my first batch!). I use it in my kitchen soaps and it's great. I was using the EO from Soaper Supplies (she's about 4 miles from my house) but recently got some from Essential Oil University....and it ROCKS OOB. Haven't soaped it yet. Maybe this weekend....

Donna

Carrie,

I was under the impression that lemongrass is not a citrus, therefore not photosensitizing. I think it is a green plant...

Bethany

From what I've read it is considered non-toxic, but can cause some skin sensitivity. I've found it to be an extremely strong eo, so I try to use a minimum amount and cut it with vanilla. I'm not that crazy about it, but it's one of my best sellers.