TOG mold

idacandlelady

Yes, that's the foam.

Paul is really great. his mold just wasn't for me. I hope it works for you..

As for lining with freezer or parchment, it is much easier to do if you design a template for cutting on poster board that you can use over and over again. It's still kind of a pain, but a lot easier than starting from scratch every time.

Bethany

I am going tomorrow to start. We have a woodworking shop that is slap full of Cedar. I already have my basic design drawn out, I just have to figure out if I want to go 1/4 or 1/2. If I was doing CP I would go with 1/2 for the insulation but I am doing HP so I will probably go with 1/4. If I have it finished tomorrow I will post pics. I really hope to have it built by Thursday at least. I have a huge FO order coming in so I am going to play around.

BTW, I hate HATE HATE doing tile. Mom decided we needed to update... We ended up wasting quite a bit of tile and having to call someone in to fix what we messed up and finish the rest.

I suggest that you use the 1/2 so that you can use the mold for either. It may take a bit longer for your HP to cool down but I don't think it will be an appreciable difference and this way you won't need a new mold should you decide to CP.

And I spent today helping someone tile a bathroom. I'm willing to cut tile, but NO WAY will I get mastic all over. And he can just do the grout all by his lonesome!

I suggest that you use the 1/2 so that you can use the mold for either. It may take a bit longer for your HP to cool down but I don't think it will be an appreciable difference and this way you won't need a new mold should you decide to CP.

And I spent today helping someone tile a bathroom. I'm willing to cut tile, but NO WAY will I get mastic all over. And he can just do the grout all by his lonesome!

LOL, I ended up with grout all over my hands and clothes. I bet I looked ridiculous.

I may end up making three when this is all said and done. I had planned on two of the 1/4 but I may make two of the 1/4and 1 of the 1/2. Just get it all over with at once.I may even make it convertable. The plan I am using has removable sides so I could always make the ends 1/2 and then make a set of 1/2 sides and 1/4 sides and just switch up depending on the application. I will have to sit down and thing about this a little more before I power up the table saw.