Give and you shall recieve

barncat

Funny how things work....

WE borrowd a trailer for a day to haul a large item and the person didnt want anything,well we gave them a candle as a thank you. Well this morning they came to buy another one

Gave DH's uncle some for a present this year. We usually not get them anything, and I hate that,casue they give us $, but what do you buy someone who seriusly has everything and can buy a $500K house with cash? Well they called and wanted our web address cause they loved them and are telling all of their "rich" friends!!

What you're saying has been very true for me. I'm sure we all give tons of samples trying to get business, but I've been more pleased at how a simple gift without any thoughts of business have turned out.

I sent a friend a gift of soap and body butter as a "Hoping for a speedy recovery" token since she was having high-risk surgery the day after Christmas. That very afternoon, she bought almost $100 from me for last-minute gifts that she hadn't been able to get out and buy. This same thing has happened several times recently.

Oh, I agree too. I think when you give with an open heart and no thoughts of profit from it, that's when you receive the most in return.

Back around Thanksgiving weekend, I donated some gift bags and items for an auction to raise money to buy Christmas gifts for kids who otherwise wouldn't have gotten anything. I had no thoughts of profit from it. When I worked at our local K-Mart, which is now gone, we use to do something similar every year. It was so much fun, there was no way I was going to turn the lady down when she ask for donations.

Hadn't thought alot about it, then one day this week a girl from a local nursing home called me saying that someone there had purchased the b&b gift bag and several of the girls there wanted some. I'm sending them some samples and brochures.

I just love giving to others. If I were a millionaire, I probably wouldn't be for long. LOL

That's a great story! Thanks for sharing it with us. It's true, I do believe it as well. If you do for others with a heart that's true, and put thought and love into things when you do even the little things for others, that's when good things happen. Karma. I believe in it a lot. Congrats on your new customers and wishes for much success with the new ones! :)

mom~yes, I do my own brochures, but just started recently.

I had been doing just a simple one page price sheet with a few pieces of clipart, but then dh bought me a laser printer for my b-day this year and I went wild.

I just love the way it prints so crisp and clear and the graphics are awsome. I will never go back to an inkjet, by choice anyway. I now do a tri-fold brochure printed front and back. It looks so much more professional, and besides that, it's really fun to do. :D

We get ours printed. WE have a 4 page catalog, which is outdated now, and have like 3000 left. We got them printed professionally, it cost around $1500 I think for 5000 of them. We then inserted a price sheet for wholesale, retail, adn fundraisers. glad we did, cause our prices are going up Jan 1

Just curious...do you do your own brochures?

What awesome stories, thank you for sharing those. I too love to Bless others and see their face light up and a big smile.

I'm like you hometowncandles, If I were rich, I'd be giving everything away lol.

I know I've given more candles away then I have even come close to selling. But it just warms my heart when I see their face light up.

I gave my lil old garbage man a candle for Christmas again this year and he just lit up. It was honeysuckle and he said his wife would just love it. Ohhh and gave one to the UPS man too.