To early to think spring??

Well with the xmas season almost over, has anyone began to think spring??I need some new fresh ideas for the stores Im in.I make soy candles( containers, votives and tarts.) and also hurricane shells and orbs. Any new ideas out there??Something to make us all rich?? I hope every one has a wonderful family filled holiday..May the up coming year be filled with people wanting to buy candles...

:cheesy2:

Judy, I have been wanting to layer jars for quite a while now, but was concerned that the colours would just run all together as it liquified? Do you find that problem?

Kim

Yes, as it melts the colours, at a certain point in time, do combine. Just have to keep the colour combinations in mind; if you don't want a purple to show up do not layer red and blue together! It works best with a wax that adheres to the jar. If you have any separation with the already set up wax the next layer of melted wax will fill that space!

It works best with a wax that adheres to the jar. If you have any separation with the already set up wax the next layer of melted wax will fill that space!

Good point....since I only use Ecosoya CBA for my containers, layering probably isn't the best idea!?

Well with the xmas season almost over, has anyone began to think spring??I need some new fresh ideas for the stores Im in.I make soy candles( containers, votives and tarts.) and also hurricane shells and orbs. Any new ideas out there??Something to make us all rich?? I hope every one has a wonderful family filled holiday..May the up coming year be filled with people wanting to buy candles...

:cheesy2:

Wickless candles seem to becoming more popular so maybe you can do some of those. If you color your candles, you can make them in pastel colors. Reed diffusers are in now too. I'm getting ready to come out with them in my shop.

Im not sure if I do know what a reed diffuser is?? As far as layer jars just make sure each layer is cool, poke relief holes, pour next layer a few degrees hotter than the last you just poured. I had no bleeding with red and white at xmas.I think Im going to make some small orbs and decoupage them with summery things.Than offer citronella tealites with them. I HATE citronella, I hold my breath when I pour that. Then run out of the room. Making tealites, Id better learn to hold my breath longer Or run faster.

I seem to recall getting a lot of orders last Feb. for Valentines Day. I handpainted roses and hearts on jars. The fragrances I sold varied greatly, but a lot of rose and flowery scents, plus clean ones, if I recall correctly. Also, I bought those heart-shaped jello aluminum tins, poured the desired scent in white color, made mini-heart tarts to embed and grubbied the tops. Mini tarts in heart and rose shapes sold well, also.

The first two weeks of January sucked for sales, but after that, I was still selling a lot of bakery scents up until April. Spring was touch and go; I don't know that I'll invest much in fragrances, as I already have a lot left from last year, but I may try some new ideas like St Patty's day jars and Easter Egg layed ball pillar candles. Maybe easter egg mini-tarts (oh no, here I go again- I'm such an addict!) :D

Sales slumped from June until August, though. People don't always want candles in the summer. I'm not going to stock up much on summery scents, but there were a few that sold well- mango papaya, lemon verbena, cranberry citrus, lime crystal kisses, plus the clean scents like sunwashed linen.

I only had one customer ask for citronella, but no one else did, so I decided not to carry it, as it would not have been cost-effective.

Hope this helps some.