Parasoy VS Joy

Good Morning,

I am going to place an order for a slab of each (Joy from NG and Parasoy from Taylored Concepts)and was wondering if anyone has already done a comparison of the two?

I am doing the 8oz Jelly Jars with this wax, any suggestions on wicks?

Thanks,

Tamara

Joy wax has only a small percentage of paraffin in it and the throw is ok. Most soy/paraffin blends have a higher percentage of paraffin and IMHO I think the scent throw is much better. Try the both and see what you think!!:D

I briefly tried the Joywax and the KY Perfect Blend (which in my opinion is very close to the Joywax). I am testing right now, the Taylored container blend and the Taylored parasoy 50/50. I did not test the Joywax that long, I think I made 2 candles out of it, so I can't give you a good answer on the comparison on that and the parasoy. As stated above, the Joywax only has 1 percent paraffin in it and the Taylored parasoy is a 50/50 blend. As far as the Taylored container blend, I know it is a paraffin blend, but I have not had time to test that one much. I poured one candle out of it and had wet spots bad, but I am going to test it more. I have poured 5 out of the Taylored parasoy and have had awesome hot and cold throw from this wax. Only one of the 5 jars had a some wetspots, the others were fine. It pours hot, sets up nice, is one pour. I am now just trying to get the wicking down on in my square mason, then I will be set. I have had a little sooting with the single LX wicks, so am still trying other wicks. I am getting FO's that I couldn't get to throw in my straight soy, to throw incredibly well in this wax. Hope this helps a bit.

That does help ALOT. Thanks to both of you for your help. I will continue my purchase and update this post. in hopes it will help someone else with the same questions!

Your answers were refreshing..lol I was hoping the Parasoy worked better as I am in TExas and the shipping would get me quick!

Thanks again!

Tamara