New Mineral Bronzer

Chickie1st

does this shimmer? (possibly not the right word)

I have bought 2 different types of pressed/powder bronzers and both made me "sparkly", which I do NOT want. I would love to find something that just gives me a little more color without the glittery/shimmery/sparkly feel/look.

I have bought 2 different types of pressed/powder bronzers and both made me "sparkly", which I do NOT want. I would love to find something that just gives me a little more color without the glittery/shimmery/sparkly feel/look.

Yes it does have some shimmer, but I can formulate one that doesn't.

I'll work on that!

I love your Forbidden Apple blush, it looks like a lovely shade! Could that possibly be made with a subtle gold shimmer? I've got a strong yellow undertone in my skin, so gold looks good on me :)

Also love the Emerald Sea eyeshadow!

Oh, I found a small typo while I was looking through the blushes:

"Use our blush as and Eye shadow..."

I love your Forbidden Apple blush, it looks like a lovely shade! Could that possibly be made with a subtle gold shimmer? I've got a strong yellow undertone in my skin, so gold looks good on me :)

Also love the Emerald Sea eyeshadow!

Oh, I found a small typo while I was looking through the blushes:

"Use our blush as and Eye shadow..."

Oh thank you very much, I'll go fix it right now.

Yes I could add some gold shimmer to the Forbidden Apple, thank you for your comments!

soapmom, I just formulated a bronzer with a more matte base, testing it on myself, it just seems to add color with minimal sparks/shimmer to it. I went outside and looked at it, I see no sparkle in it at all on my face or hand.

I took a picture of it, but the light is catching the mica in it so it looks sparkly in the photo. I did get it a little too dark, so I need to lighten it up a bit. It's more on the Brown side. But hopefully this will give you an idea.

th_MVC-855Xa.jpg

soapmom, I just formulated a bronzer with a more matte base, testing it on myself, it just seems to add color with minimal sparks/shimmer to it. I went outside and looked at it, I see no sparkle in it at all on my face or hand.

I took a picture of it, but the light is catching the mica in it so it looks sparkly in the photo. I did get it a little too dark, so I need to lighten it up a bit. It's more on the Brown side. But hopefully this will give you an idea.

th_MVC-855Xa.jpg

ok, so now I have what is probably a dumb question for make-up experts, but being that I don't wear much, I don't know :o

What would be the difference between using a darker mineral foundation and using a bronzer?

I used to "tan" alot, and I'm trying to break myself of the habit, but I like having some color, so I need an alternative!

ok, so now I have what is probably a dumb question for make-up experts, but being that I don't wear much, I don't know :o

What would be the difference between using a darker mineral foundation and using a bronzer?

I used to "tan" alot, and I'm trying to break myself of the habit, but I like having some color, so I need an alternative!

Personally I don't see a whole lot of difference in this matte bronzer and a darker foundation or blush. Especially if you want no sparkles. I think if you just want some highlights of color, I'd go with a foundation or blush that you like the color of and highlight with that.

Mineral powder bases have nearly the same ingredients for Eye Shadows, Blush and Foundations. There are changes in the amounts of which ingredient you use for which product your making, so they are are very interchangeable with one another.

You can use Blush as Eye Shadow and visa versa. You can also use them as lip color as long as they are made with lip safe pigment/oxides. You can wet your Eye Shadow and use it as an Eye Liner. That's just another reason I love the Minerals so much because they are so interchangeable.

I don't know if this will help answer the Q or not, as I haven't yet tried the mineral make up types... BUT... as to what the difference between a bronzer in general and a darker foundation- I can try to answer.

The purpose of foundation is to provide a 'base' of realistic color, even skin tone and help to hide some skin flaws. A bronzer is merely to be used as a highlight... just like the whiter, brighter versions of eye shadows. To use bronzer: imagine where the sun would hit on your face... the protruding places would be the ones that would get 'sun kissed'. This is the effect you are going for with a bronzer. A healthy sun tanned glow so to speak. So it would be your t-zone and chin mostly. You wouldn't normally use it all over or use it in excess, which you would or could with a foundation.

Hope that helps.:)

Your exactly right blazerina, Great explanation!! Thank you!

I do each side of my forehead, my cheeks, and chin with a light dusting, to get a sun-kissed look.

I was talking about not seeing a difference in the matte bronzer compared to say a darker foundation or a matte blush that was a color you liked to do the same effect with.

I don't think that you would have to purchase a bronzer to do the effect of the sun-kissed look, if you had a blush in the color you liked. You could do the same "effect" with a blush, if you didn't have a bronzer.

I think that most Bronzer's have some sparkle to them.

I guess I was thinking of the ingredients in them.