Lava Palm wax

I have been trialing this wax. It is a container wax. I love the finish, but I am finding it hard to wix.

Made a small container last week, and used a HTP 104. It was about the biggest wix that I had on hand.

Although I have used this Fo before in Palm, and it threw fine, I have no throw in the container and the wax is struggling to burn to the edges. The container is 2.75" at it's widest.

I was wondering how a zinc core would work on these?

Any advice most appreciated.

Tracey

I have been trialing this wax. It is a container wax. I love the finish, but I am finding it hard to wix.

Made a small container last week, and used a HTP 104. It was about the biggest wix that I had on hand.

Although I have used this Fo before in Palm, and it threw fine, I have no throw in the container and the wax is struggling to burn to the edges. The container is 2.75" at it's widest.

I was wondering how a zinc core would work on these?

Any advice most appreciated.

Tracey

I don't know what Lava palm is, but if it's palm, a zinc wick will not work. I tried it and it just tunneled down... no melt pool at all.

I Googled lava palm wax and found it is a product distributed in Australia. The "lava" refers to the crystal pattern. It is not a starburst nor is it a feather, so... It actually resembles Glass Glow best out of all the palm wax formulations that I have used and recognize.

My suggestion would be either to try the CSN wicks available from CandleScience for their Glass Glow product or to use CDN (Stabilo KST) wicks of an appropriate size for your container. HTH :)

Thankyou very much for all your help.

I don't understand why we have to name thing different all the time. It would be wonderful it there was a universal name for one product.

Will do some research on the links provided.

Tracey

This is just another structure, nothing exclusive to Australia - many Malaysian palm wax refineries do have about 20 - 40 different structure building palm stearines available. I do get it here as well.

CDN wicks really work best for these kinds of wax, Stella is perfectly right.

Thankyou very much everyone again for your help. Interesting that palm comes in so many structures.

The lava crystal that I have does look different to the glass glow, so I am assuming that they are different palms.

Looks like I need to invest in yet even more wixs.

Back to the kitchen.

Tracey