Naturewax C-3

Are any of you using C-3 with essential oils? How well does it throw.

We have a customer that wants to use C-1 in a container and Cargill has told me that we will not get 100% adhesion with the 80/20. Was going to suggest to customer that we switch to C-3.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I use essential oil in some of my C3 candles. It works quite well, but I found I needed to use less than fo...4% in most cases (I've never used more than 5%). I also add a bit of olive oil to the EO candles because that's what my wholesale acct wants. I get pretty good adhesion as long as I don't hurry any of the processes...washing glass, heating, pouring slowly and cooling slowly. C3 definitely adheres better than C1.

• 1 month later...

This is a private label and they have had two other suppliers make these for them. They have the 80/20 advertised in their brochure.

We got them to switch to 100% soy because the C-1 would not adhere,but we are having issues with the 100% soy adhering to the jar now. Am about ready to pull my hair out.

Pour one weekend and they come out fine, next weekend adhesion is hit or miss.

Pouring @ 115-120 with room temp of 75 and humidity about 50%.

Have any of you noticed if humidity makes a difference on how your candles come out? We are not having any problems with the tops, just the adhesion around the wall of the jar.

Wintertime woes of "wet spots", eh? Cooler air temps mean more difference in temperature between the candle and the container, which means less adhesion because glass and wax expand and contract at different rates, etc. Pouring hotter into warmed jars helps some, but once they cool, they are still subject to "wet spots" simply from the storage temperature and cold winter drafts. Take a look at ones in the stores - you will see lots of "wet spots" at this time of year...:undecided So don't feel like the Lone Ranger - the fickle characteristics of veggie wax touch most of us during the wintertime and during seasonal changes.

I have read of a "sticky" additive that some folks were using, but I think it is no longer available... maybe someone will refresh my memory on its name & availability... :confused: Sure would be nice to find something that WOULD make the wax a little stickier, especially for winter. ;)

Stella, Not sure if this is what your talking about but GL has what they call "Sticky Additive" This is what they say about it. I've never used it so I don't know how or if it works.

"Made to assist with glass adhesion in container candles. This is a sticky soft substance (NOT MICROWAX) that works with soy, parraffin, & contanier blends to assist with the elimination of wet spots. Add this in as wax is melting, NOT in pouring pot"

HTH Cindy/WI