I am now experiencing....

severe sooting with my CSN 9 (as a single wick) in my 8 oz. jj. it is actually getting worse the closer it gets to the bottom 1/3 of the jar. I am using CS Glass Glow wax and 1 oz. fo per pound of wax. I have not seen any large flickering flame and I don't think I have to much fo in the wax..... but I have been wrong before. Anyone have any helpful suggestions?? Hmmmmm..... maybe I should use simulated palm wax and just put in the wick. Sure would make it easier to make if the wick would just stand up straight all the time. Oh yeah,I would have to use simulated fo too. :)

Mike

Mike, how's the hot throw? I don't have a solid answer for you, but I would be tempted to try wicking up (1st) or down (2nd) one size to see if that had a bearing on the sooting. I have been using the same percentage of FO in my palm wax candle - both glass glow and pillars. The Glass Glow gives me more problems with sooting during the last third because of the tall containers I pour it into (Metro jars). Since Glass Glow is tricky, try making two testers one a size up and one a size down to compare. As KK said, the GG may not be able to hold that much FO or it may be a function of the particular FO you are using... HTH :)

Thanks KK and Stella I will do that tomorrow when my GG gets here. I did call CS and they didn't think that was to much fo. I will try the wick ideas and reduce my fo even though I don't think that is my problem. I think it is those dang jj's. I may have to break down and purchase some metro jars and try that instead.

Mike