Mottling Waxes

Is 4045H and IGI 1274 basically the same wax. I use the IGI 1274 and I like the mottle look of the wax, but when I do tri-layer pillars I have holes in between the layers. Its like jump lines between them. I pour at 175 and I let it cool till I see a little of the mottling start, and I pour the next layer. They don't have holes all the way around just in places. I first thought maybe the mold needed cleaning so I cleaned it, but still the same. Anyway a friend told me that the IGI 1274 done that to him so he changed waxes. He said he gets his wax from Nu-Sents and it makes real nice mottles. But I called them and they said that the only wax they have that dose anything close to mottling is Palm Wax. Thats not what my friend gets. So I thought about tring the 4045H to see if that helps. Can someone help with this.

Thanks,

Michael

That's what I'd say too ... pour sooner. I think the difference in those waxes is pretty much the amount of FO that can be used without additives. Thinking the 4045H was 4-5% and 1274 was like 6%.

Some recommendations are to pour that 1274 wax at about 185 degrees.

I just finished testing a slab of 1274. It takes a while for the mottling to start to appear which is a bit too long to pour the next layer. I've been using GL's M20 mottle wax and it mottles a lot quicker and mottles even if poured a low temp but it doesn't hold as much FO as the 1274.