Question about FO's FP

candlemom

Hi :grin2: I have a question about FO's flashpoints. I have not used certain FO's due to low flashpoint, because I was lead to believe that when the FO exceeded that temp on its own and in wax, that it would ignite. After reading some posts, I am totally confused. I want to try a fo with fp of 106, but at the same time I am not looking to burn my house down. So, should I stay away from those low fp's? Also, I am experimenting with M&P soap, would the same apply? Any info/ help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Theresa

I once asked this q on the old board, and Alan responded back to me that the fo by itself has the flashpoint of 106, but when you added to the wax, it was so dilute that the flashpoint is a none issue. I can't recall the exact science of Alan's answer. If you are concerned or want a more concrete answer, I would send an email to Peak's or to your supplier. Just a thought.