woowick candles

OK, I had to upgrade from lurker to registered member just to respond to THIS THREAD!!!!

I make tons of wood wick container candles with PureSoy and have used both C&S and WSP.

They are about the same price, but the Crafter's Choice ones that WSP carries are SOOOOO much better. They actually come with the wick tabs to attach to the bottom, whereas the LeWicket can't be easily attached so they fall over. The WSP ones also have a louder crackling noise (if you're into that) and give a bigger meltpool.

I use the apothocary size in both and a 4.5" container. WSP gets the meltpool to the outside and about .5 or .75 inches deep. The C&S ones don't make it to the outside.

I trim the wick, attach it to the container and then pour about 1" down from top of wick. I let set up about an hour and do a second pour leaving about .33" of wick exposed.

On a sidenote, I sell most of these in the FIRESIDE EMBERS fo from C&S. The throw is incredible and pairs really well with the crackling noise.

OK, I had to upgrade from lurker to registered member just to respond to THIS THREAD!!!!

I make tons of wood wick container candles with PureSoy and have used both C&S and WSP.

They are about the same price, but the Crafter's Choice ones that WSP carries are SOOOOO much better. They actually come with the wick tabs to attach to the bottom, whereas the LeWicket can't be easily attached so they fall over. The WSP ones also have a louder crackling noise (if you're into that) and give a bigger meltpool.

I use the apothocary size in both and a 4.5" container. WSP gets the meltpool to the outside and about .5 or .75 inches deep. The C&S ones don't make it to the outside.

I trim the wick, attach it to the container and then pour about 1" down from top of wick. I let set up about an hour and do a second pour leaving about .33" of wick exposed.

On a sidenote, I sell most of these in the FIRESIDE EMBERS fo from C&S. The throw is incredible and pairs really well with the crackling noise.

Welcome to the addictive world of CandleTech! Thanks for your input, I didn't know that WSP sold them.

Jen B, Just curious- My sister and I wanted to try the wood wicks- we gave up. We got the wood wicks from WSP and could not get them to stay lit and had a heck of a time to light them back up. Is there a trick to it?

The candle we bought is from Time & Again and the wood wick is very thin. They burn well - no trouble relighting them. Has anyone come across a supplier that has the thin wood wicks? I know that there are patents on the wood wicks and I would imagine that is why they are hard to find.

The only thing I would suggest is to really hold the lighter on the wood for about a good 30 seconds. It's not like a regular wick where once it's lit it's good. It's a piece of wood so it really has to be on fire. Oh, and I pinch off the wood to about 1/4" before lighting.

I also use soy with 9% fo and maybe that's the difference??

Testing these boogers frustrated us. We would just like to perfect just one scent in a small apothecary and make it our signature scent. I can't even imagine testing in all of our other scents. I just wish we could find the thin ones. It really is a neat candle, though it cost $20 for an 11 oz. candle. It has a really nice scent throw. Hope it can be done.