Question about Decals

I did a search in the archives and found several threads about this, but then was unable to open them. I wondered if anyone has tried printing their own water slide decals on the special paper and if anyone has seen this paper for sale in stores? I went to the decal paper website and was going to order a pack to try, but they only ship UPS and the shipping on one pack of paper (20 sheets) was going to be almost $9. Wanted to get some opinions on it before I invested this much $$. Thanks.

That's an idea worth trying. I needed to go to Staples for printer ink anyway, and WalMart is right next door to them. Michaels is 25 miles away, though, so hope I can find it closer than that. Thank you.

All I've found at WalMart and Michaels is the printed water slide decals. Wal Mart did have several nice ones.

I bought the clear water slide decal paper for ink jet printers from http://www.decal-paper.com/ They also sell 10 sheets. I did OK making short borders for my hurricanes but had a dickens of a time trying to do the entire picture. Could be that I'm just not coordinated to manipulate a decal that big (5" x 6"). I sold a couple of sheets to Tallbabydoll. She put them on a glass container for her daughter's wedding. Looked good.

How did you want to use them?

I have looked locally for the waterslide decal paper and have not been able to find it. I ordered some from a place in Florida, I believe. I had great success in putting the decal on a purchased candle for my daughter but I have not been able to get the decals to work on my candles. I finally gave up and decided to figure out how to do hurricanes. HTH :)

I did a search in the archives and found several threads about this, but then was unable to open them. I wondered if anyone has tried printing their own water slide decals on the special paper and if anyone has seen this paper for sale in stores? I went to the decal paper website and was going to order a pack to try, but they only ship UPS and the shipping on one pack of paper (20 sheets) was going to be almost $9. Wanted to get some opinions on it before I invested this much $$. Thanks.

Carol, I was a little unsure myself when I ordered them with the $9.00 shipping. I used them for on votive containers for a wedding (bride/grooms name and wedding date). They turned out wonderful and you really couldn't tell they were a decal unless you got right up close to them. The bride/groom were extremely satisfied with them. I basically told myself that if I didn't like them or I couldn't make them work, I could offer them for sale in the classifieds and someone (who is successful with them) might purchase them. Needless to say, I'm very satisfied with the end product and I didn't have any waste using them for the first time. HTH

Thanks for the information, everyone. What I was hoping to use them for was to make soap decals for favors at my parents' 50th anniversary celebration. That's why I was interested in making my own decals, so I could personalize them. As I said, I have to go to Staples anyway, so I'll check there and WalMart first, but I really don't think they sell them. Although when I did a search on the Dish, I saw where someone said she had found a version of them at WalMart in the toy section where the model cars are. But they were selling 6 half sheets for $6 to use to make decals for the models, so they're very $$. To make the shipping more "worthwhile", I'll probably just go ahead and order one of the larger packs and sell off the extras. It sounds like you all had good luck with them, and I thank you for answering.

I have never found them in craft stores, that would work in my inkjet printer....but beldecal.com has them (white sheets for images with white in them, since an inkjet will not print white - and clear for images that don't require white OR are going to be placed on white candles). They are wonderful, and I've used them on all KINDS of things. Follow the directions carefully tho, don't skip steps.....and don't submerge them as long as the instructions say, or you'll wash away all the "glue". I also put MORE coats of clear kote on than they say, seems to last alot longer this way.