vanilla in soap

lbtddr

i use a vanilla bean scent whice i really like but it turns all most black does any one no a vanilla bean type that does not turn so dark if i get to much scent it has a very light yellow suds which i do not like. i have tried several but so far they eather dont smell like vanilla or french vanilla which i can not stand they make me feel sick just smelling them.

Since you are a big Vanilla fan, I'm surprised you have not heard of the Vanilla Stabilizers that you can purchase from many suppliers.

I can't point you in exactly the right direction, as I do not use it myself. But I read on here a lot about it. Essentially it is a liquid that you add to your soap base if you are using a fragrance that has Vanilla notes and you do not want it to turn brown. There are rare cases of Vanilla based FO's that don't cause people problems, but its rare and very dependant upon many factors.

Ask your supplier about a stabilizer.

Good luck.

I was wonting to stay away from the stablizer i like to keep my soaps more on the natural side but i might have to end up useing it for this soap most the time i do not mind them turning darker but for my vanilla soap it turns black.

If you are already using a fragrance oil in your soap, you are already using a synthetic product, so adding a little stabilizer if you are looking for soap that won't darken won't really hurt much on that "natural" aspect.:wink2:

I have heard ups and downs about the stabilizer though, some say it does not work, some have success with it. I personally don't mind dark soaps, I usually do a blind swirl to give the soap some character.