Sq. masons & pour height

:D Just me again, and again, and...for those of you using 8 oz. sq. masons, do you pour up into the collar or stop at the shoulder where the jar gets smaller? My one wick works good down into the jar, but in the first part, it want to give small bursts of soot. I like how they look poured higher, but can't really have them smoking some. Suggestions are welcome. Thanks. Beth

Hi Mnhorsemom. I can almost live with the mushrooms. Just wondered what kind of wax you use as most of the soys I've tried won't get full MP with an RRD 50 or sometimes even the 55. Thought I had The Great Candle, but though it looks fab, the throw is not that good. More testing! Thanks for all the info. I think I will pour just a bit less and see if that settles the wick problem. Beth

Lightening Bug, I use a 100% soy wax called Simply Soy. I buy it from a place close to where my sister lives so that I can get her or Mom to pick it up and bring it to me :tongue2: Saves me a lot in shipping. I guess I got pretty lucky since I didn't try a lot of different waxes and this one works pretty well for me. I have several friends that test for me and most are happy with the scent throw and the way the candles burn. I did recently get a sample pack of the Eco wicks. I have not tested them in the square masons yet but am trying one as a single wick in a 10 oz apoth and it seems to be working pretty good.