tealight mold on candlewic

okay so i'm going to go with tealights with my excess container wax and tarts with the pillar wax, which leads me to the question

I'm looking at the tealight mold on candlewic the smaller one and wondering if anyone has used it, and if it's worth spending the extra money on? I've not got the steadiest hand and i know i'll slop a lot of wax trying to pour into the cups.

If it's the one that does 15 tealights, then I've got it. I love it. It's a real time saver. I did get some tealight cups (plastic) from a few suppliers where the tealights made from the candlewic mold would not fit into. They were just a tiny bit to big, and I couldn't even force them into the cups. So just a little advice...get your cups from candlewic when you order the mold. Sorry that I can't remember who I got the cups from that didn't work, but I think one of them was candlescience, but not positive. I believe the ones from BCN work, but heck, without my invoice I can't remember who I bought them from the last time :o

thanks gerrie,

i'm gonna try the metal cups from c&s because they are cheaper, unless there isn't a big difference in plastic and metal...I did a converter between the size from candlewic and candle science cups, and the CS were bigger.

what wick do you recommend? and do you use container or pillar or both for your tealight wax?

I've had the molds for several years and love them. I also order the wicks and holders from Candlewic. I use either a votive or pillar (usually) wax in mine - I think any container wax, except maybe a hard one like IGI 4786 would be too soft.

I just pour into the tealight tin cups and add the left over wax. Most of the time I have no spills:wink2:

I spill using the big pour pot and little pour pot making votives :tongue2: oddly i haven't spilled anything while making the pillars or the 8 oz hex jars.

I have a couple of the 15 count mold from them also. I absolutely love it I would never go back to pouring them into the cups again. I don't do tons of them right now but still it is a huge time saver, I will end up purchasing more if I start selling more. A couple things for reference with 2 molds it takes just under 1 lb of wax. Also if there is anyone in Canada the plastic cups from CanWax fit them just perfect also.

I have some great small metal mugs?? not sure exactly what they are. DH found them in an auto parts shop and they work great for pouring anything small or putting your re-pour wax in to melt again later. Only down fall is they have metal handles also so I have to use an oven mitt or something when pouring.

thanks gerrie,

what wick do you recommend? and do you use container or pillar or both for your tealight wax?

It depends on your wax, when I was using cbl 129 the TL330 wick worked fine, but now I'm using a soy/para wax and I'm testing with eco 1's. I really liked the 129 wax for tealights. I find the tealights are very soft and get messed up easily with the soy/para blend. I've never used pillar wax for tealights, but that's not saying you can't, just saying I really don't know.

Is the mold from candlewic silicone?

No, it's Polyurethane, so not as soft as silicone, but it works just fine.

• 2 weeks later...
I bought some from another company, mold maker. They came with nails for wick pins, what a joke. They are a little small for the Candlewic clear cup and some are sloped to the side so they are uneven. I hate them, they are the hard yellow, and I have a hard time getting anything out of that type of mold. I wish I had ordered from Candlewic, they look so much better. What do the wick pins look like? Do they have a bottom or are they just a rod that sticks in mold?

Henryk posted a pic of one. It's a straight rod that goes into a hole in the bottom. I got one the other day and i just poured my first batch, but it's sinking and i'm wondering if i should be leaving the rods in or take them out and put them back in when i do the top off.

I never do repours on my t-lites. I find that the dip is very minimal if any also if it bugs you enough you can always do what Henryk does and just flip them over when you put them in the cups. HTH

I think what bugs me is a few of them i didn't get full :D but i've got enough that are full to make the 6 my co-worker wants.

think what bugs me is a few of them i didn't get full :D but i've got enough that are full to make the 6 my co-worker wants.
That is funny cause when I first got the molds I was under pouring them. Glad to know I am not the only one. Now I pour them so you see them just cresting the edge and stop and they seem perfect.

OMG, that's me I hated them because they weren't full looking. If I pour a little cooler then I can have them just over the rim and that's the way I like them. Don't like the dip.

• 1 year later...