More questions on test burning...(sigh)

Thank you in ADVANCE for being so patient with all my newbie questions.

I've documented everything so far that happened in my test candles when I burned them for 2-4h.

After complete cooling (and a major wick trim on all) I relit them....

So now they have been burning another 2h. All are behaving MUCH better than on the first 4h burn, even though the wicks are different.

So, I understand I am to keep burning these candles until they are gone?

Am I looking for the same things on these subsequent burns? Except for 1 combo I know I won't reuse, right now they are all doing so much better I'm a bit confused as to how to choose.

If they continue to perform well, then do I go with the wick that performed best during the first 4h? I really didn't notice any issues with any until they hit the 3-4h mark.

I'm really enjoying this a lot. Been searching the forum, and also taking lots of notes.

Thanks

Dana :D

don't quote me as i'm learning still to, but from what i've read on her, sometimes the first burn doesn't always look perfect, but they will catch up. I'd personally go with the best one after it's all said and done. That's what i've been doing, and so far no mater the combo i've used the wick that CS suggested on their wick guide has been the best with my wax/FO/Color combo

Thanks...my issue was that the wick suggested by CS was only a 3" wick, so I had to substitute......that said it has really been informative watching how all the different wicks perform and seeing all the things people talk about on the forum actually happen, it makes it a lot easier to understand the process.

That and the fact that everyone has been so kind along the way....:smiley2:

And...my house smells heavenly!!!

Thanks

Dana

Yes, Dana, burn 'em all the way down. Because the environment inside the jar changes as a candle burns down (more retained heat, greater warm air currents, etc.), you really want to know how that candle is gonna burn during the last half of its life.:wink2:

Good thinkin' on the wicks, Artc! I keep a baggie for trimmed pieces inside each separate bag of wicks so I don't get the sizes mixed up and so I can find an odd size and "roll my own" whenever needed. It's OCD at it's finest! :D

Good thinkin' on the wicks, Artc! I keep a baggie for trimmed pieces inside each separate bag of wicks so I don't get the sizes mixed up and so I can find an odd size and "roll my own" whenever needed. It's OCD at it's finest! :D

I'm frugal (read cheap) so I save the odd pieces, but I just toss 'em in the bag with the whole wicks. That way I can waste a lot of time looking for the piece only to give up and cut down yet another wick...