ISO Philosophy "Pure Grace" dupe or similar...

Dana Mae

I just love Philosophy Pure Grace (not Amazing Grace)....

It is the cleanest "soap and water" type perfume I have found....

Is anyone familiar with it, or can anyone suggest a similar type of FO?

It really *does* smell like pure, clean, soap and water....:)

thanks for any advice/input!

Dana

:D

Donna, are you using the Pure Grace in cp soap? I take it from your post that you prefer the F by D one to the SW. I put the SW in a soap high in olive oil and felt that the oo practically drowned out the scent. I love the clean, fresh scent in lotions, but I'd surely like an improved version in cp.

Luci,

To my nose, they are the same oil. Fragrance by Design is cheaper and WAY faster on shipping (literally she ships within hours....SW....days). I haven't CP'd it yet though. How much did you use ppo? I will try it soon, hopefully (so many oils, so little time!).

Donna

I used .7oz pp with 2 separate batches. I used the same recipe with both--both high in olive oil (notes are not with me to say what %). I'm going to give it another try with a different recipe after the holidays before I write it off.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the Fragrances by Design Pure Grace and so far (in CP soap) I am very disappointed.....even OOB it is definitely off. I was hoping for better results in soap. Perhaps lotion?

I am ultra picky as I wear the original scent myself, and was hoping for a great dupe. So far I feel this is not anywhere near the real thing in scent.

Anyone else have tips/ideas? The Amazing Grace and Baby Grace are much more close to the real thing OOB, although I haven't used them yet. I adore that clean, soap and water smell that Pure Grace has.

Sigh, I am SO disappointed. :(

dana

I have the SW version. I've never smelled the real thing, so I can't compare to see how accurate it is, but I love the scent of the SW dupe. I've only ever CP'd it once- in an 80% Olive Oil Castile-type soap batch. I soaped it almost a year ago in January @ .7 oz ppo. I have 2 bars of that batch left and I took one of them out a couple of days ago to use it. Wow! It smells as lovely and good and strong as the day I soaped it.

I hope SW hasn't changed their formula for this F/O since I bought it last year, because my year old bottle is strong, but I've heard others who have soaped it more recently and said it had faded in their soap. I have only a little bit left of my year old bottle of it and I definitely want to buy more, so hopefully it hasn't been changed.

MarieJeanette

Edited for spelling.

Thanks for replying :) Yes it is hard to compare if you don't have the original to compare to. The version I have doesn't smell bad oob.....just off. And in my soaps so far it is nonexistent at .7oz pp. I will try it in lotion/butter too, maybe I'll have better results.

Thanks again for your input,

Dana

I tried the Fragrances by Design Pure Grace and so far (in CP soap) I am very disappointed.....even OOB it is definitely off. I was hoping for better results in soap. Perhaps lotion?

I am ultra picky as I wear the original scent myself, and was hoping for a great dupe. So far I feel this is not anywhere near the real thing in scent.

Anyone else have tips/ideas? The Amazing Grace and Baby Grace are much more close to the real thing OOB, although I haven't used them yet. I adore that clean, soap and water smell that Pure Grace has.

Sigh, I am SO disappointed. :(

dana

I agree, I didnt likethe one from FBD either. The SW Baby grace is great though!! I was not impressed with most of the other samples I have from FBD either.

The FBD Amazing Grace and Baby Grace were good though. I got samples of them on a whim as I like them.......just was SO looking for the Amazing Grace.

Thanks for your input as well...Guess I'm back to buying the real thing... lotion for $40/16oz for great smelling, not so great lotion!:rolleyes2

dana