Newbie with Problems

Hi everyone, I inhereited my Sisters Candle business last year and really haven't done much with it. I've so many boxes of different kinds of wax and wasn't sure which one to use. I started out using IGI-4786 and was pleased with it, but it sure takes a lot of time to do re-pours. Today I decided to use another type of wax Honeywell J-223. the guide I go by said it was a one pour container wax. I'm screaming Yippee!! Well, I melted it in my pot and added the color and fragrance to my pour pot. Yikes, it took a while to mix it all together. The containers I'm using are cute little ceramic loaf pans, 3x6x2 and I used 2 wicks. My problem is, the tops look like waves blowing across the top of a lake..I poured at at around 165. and I didn't think the temp was a problem. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this. I've tried to use my heat gun to fix it but, it looks like it's effected the candle all the way through.

and make sure your surface is stable. If I use my dining room table - waves. Kitchen counter - no waves... (but also no cooking...)

my DW kicks me out of the kitchen for that same reason...I have claimed a small portion of the counter that i don't have to move from, but i pour everything on the stove top (yup i've made it a complete flat surface :D I did that the same way i know my candles are level using a level :laugh2:)

I've used J223 about 4yrs; i find that heating it to 180, adding your fo, etc. cool to about 150 and pour. seems the formula has changed, used to be 1 pour, but I find i have shrinkage, so I usually do a second pour and even at that, the tops look like "cottage cheese", for a few days, then it seems to go away as the candle cures.