first attempt

chrisasst

ok, this is my first attempt at a "speciality" candle. I used a 1/4 of a black dye chip but I guess I should have used more. I scented it rootbeer..the did not turn out as I wished but..

Do people buy "speciality" candles to look at or do they actually burn them? I always wondered that.

th_float.jpg

Nice first attempt. The color you were shooting for on the Root Beer is hard to achieve IMO. I would have filled it more to the top or made my foam cover the whole top and come above the glass a little bit.

I burn specialty candles :D as do most people I am sure. Keep up the good work!:wink2:

That looks great...I'm jealous because i'm scared to do mine. I need to do the whipped experiment for my root beer. :o what color did you use for the whip?

I used 5 drops per pound of clover liquid dye from c&s for mine. I set the glass on my desk and many people thought it was a drink. It's pretty close to the old fountain style root beer i used to buy at the drug store years ago.