The STICK

Jo Ann

i was reading up on cp soap making from kathy millers site and i got to the point about using the stick and i am a bit confused about it. is she using just the bare blending stick or the one that is covered in plastic. i have both parts as well as the whisk

I have no idea what the plastic case does for you - mine doesn't come off. But you do NOT want to whip air into your soap, if that helps you decide. It SEEMS to me you would want the plastic sleeve on, and that you wouldn't want to use the whisk.

ETA: we call it a stick blender, not just a stick, if that helps keep things straight. It's also called an immersion blender.

I think I have the same kind as you. It has the whisk, the one with the plastic on the bottom (like in the above picture [link]) and then one with a little plastic thing at the bottom and that is the one I used and it worked fine. And easy to clean up.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i have been using the whip thing-all the metal loops-maybe I should pull out my attachments and use a different one!

and i thought I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO smart

soap is disproving this!!!

its called a whisk and it will really put the air in there. and boy you got the right about the soap....makes ya feel your iq dropped a few points:D

thanx, my blender comes like that, and with a stick without the plastic cover. that helps.

i think this is the one i have, the plastic case comes off

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-Turbo-Twister-2-Speed-Blender/dp/B00008IH9S

That's the SB I picked up tonight at WalMart. I was also able to pick up a nice 8 quart stock pot of stainless steel. It will be great for soaping in!:wink2:

Fire

so when i pull out the other attachments and use the right one-is my soap going to go faster?

And what does air in soap do to it??

i guess its like getting air in anything else, it may leave small hollow spaces in your soap. but i could be wrong, this may go away after it starts to cure, i just remember reading somewhere to avoid making airbubbles

That's the SB I picked up tonight at WalMart. I was also able to pick up a nice 8 quart stock pot of stainless steel. It will be great for soaping in!:wink2:

Fire

hey fire. I find at least with a small batch the plastic covered stick works better than the bare stick with out blades. but so far its been nice!