I know...full of questions today, but...

Not sure why - I do 8oz candles and 6.44oz of wax give me plenty of wax. Usually I even have enough left over to make a tealight or two. I don't use dye and use about 6-8% of fo.

Paige

I've been considering NOT using dyes in my candles, but I've wondered whether(down the line) they would market and sell well?

Thanks for the responses. Stella, I just wanted to add, that in most of my searches for answers, your posts are there! You give great info. Thank you for giving advice and tips, I know other newbies like myself appreciate it greatly :)

1 lb. of soy wax melted makes around 17.5 - 18 oz. of melted liquid wax. Add FO to that and it should be more than enough to make 2 - 8 oz candles. Maybe your scale is off a little? What I do is throw the wax in the pot without weighing it, melt it down then measure it up in liquid measurement when I mix the candle.

So I believe soy is 17.5 - 18 liquid oz. melted.

And paraffin blends are 20 oz liquid melted.

My scale is definitely OFF! I am going to get a new one today. I thought I was losing my mind when I'd measure up and weigh, melt, and not have enough. I was wondering if I needed my eyes checked :undecided I knew something wasn't right. Thanks guys!