Printer Question

Alajane

I'm trying to decide what kind of printer I want to get and would like opinions about something. Both my previous home printer and all the printers I've used at work have paper drawers. Some I've looked at in stores have a printer tray that doesn't go inside the printer like a drawer, but is more external (sorry--such a poor description!!).

Since my main use for a printer is making labels, I wonder if it makes a difference which type paper tray you have as far as labels lining up in a printer consistently. I feel like the drawer that closes would keep the paper in a more stationary position and possibly feed straighter but have no experience with the other, so I need opinions.

Thanks in advance. I sure hope you could follow my convoluted question!!:o

Jane

I have an HP that loads from the bottom. It has a slider that you can adjust to the width of the paper. I have no problems with it lining up from left to right at all. My only problem is that it never prints out the same way more than once and is starting to make me go bald over here. I think my printer is possessed or something.

Dawn

Dawn, that's the kind of thing I was hoping to prevent and why I wondered if a printer with a drawer would keep the paper in the same position from one print run to another better than the one with the slider.

Anyone else with any insight into this?

TIA,

Jane

Tray on the top back. I don't have any problems with my labels lining up once I get them set up. Right now I am using The Epson Stylus Photo R260 and really like it. Great color printing on vinyl labels and black on my clear labels. Epson is the only printer I have ever used.

I've used several printers including Lexmark and Canon Pixma (latter is one I'm using now) and each printer is different. Sucks, I know.

Some are really touchy in that you need to make sure your paper is lined up properly and as snug in it's holder as possible. I haven't used printers with drawers though, so it's pry different. The direction you put your labels into the printer can make a difference too!