Last show of the year.. turned out to be

cmspath

a very good one. :yay: Up until this year, we have done our last show of the year at a big Holiday Festival where I worked myself up to a perfect location over the last couple years.. then last year when we moved, something happened with the paperwork and long story short, by the time I called to check on it, the show was full.. :angry2: So we decided to try a new show just to get one in and see how it was. Was a bit nervous about it because at all my other shows, I was "known" and have built up what I call my "candle groupies" and we were not known at this place at all. Well.... we ended up having an awesome show.. averaged over $1200 per day and picked up 2 possibly 3 wholesalers - one of which has already placed an order.. So to say the least last weekend turned out to be a winner - and a great way to end the year..

We also chatted all weekend with Jim and his wife Sally from Let It Shine - one of our suppliers here in WA. They are very nice down to earth people.. and it was great getting to meet both of them.

Around here other candle people aren't too willing to talk. It must still be way too competitive or is it insecurity??

Not sure if your refering to the Let It Shine part of my post.. if so, they are my wax supplier, they were at the show also but doing other products.. I have never really had any issues talking to other candle people either.. and if they ask me questions on how I do things.. I have a way around that to sidetrack the conversation onto a different topic without being coming across as rude.. ;)