High MP Wax

I've ordered some paraffin wax today with a high meltpoint so can hopefully make some forever pillars that don't melt around the tealight holder. Can I still add stearine to this wax to get a rustic effect? I've never used this wax before and just searched the archives but couldn't find anything specific to this. Any help on this would be great, many thanks :)

Sarah, I make my paraffin everlasting pillars out of Candlewic's 5055 high MP wax. Haven't had any luck with the rustic effect but I may not have added enough stearine. Did make some cool tilted layers.

Another wax that works well for everlasting is the palm pillar waxes. After my last show I'm going to play with additives and the 4045 to see if I can get the rustic effect and no melting around the tea light holder.

Let us know how it goes for you.

Sharyl I tried it with stearine and it did horrible things lol, started peeling away from the sides of the mold and just looked downright fugly by the time I'd finished lol. I made one with with a little micro hard as I was still getting a little melting around the edges with just the stearine and its fine. :) At last I've done it woo hoo. Will make a set tomorrow and post some pics.

• 1 month later...

Sarah, I did Jojo's class on abstract painting pillars. Made my everlasting white pillar out of Candlewic 4045 with 1 T. Translucent Crystals (gloss ploy beads) pp. I've burned 3 tea lights in it with no melting around the tea light cup. Got good mottling on the pillar - I poured hot. Next will try the 4045 + translucent crystals and pour cooler to see if I can get a rustic pillar.

I tried several with my 'cane wax. Got some nice tilted layers but no rustics.

Only problem using the translucent crystals is you need to melt them first on high heat in your presto or using direct heat. They won't melt using a double boiler.