selling FO

chrisasst

If you are just selling a little, it's really hard to mark it up...by the time you buy fo, the bottles and add in the cost of that plus the oil plus shipping, anyone can buy them for the same or cheaper themselves. It's really hard to make any money. It only pays to sell for profit if you are buying wholesale, then you can mark-up accordingly.

it depends-what do they want to do with it. are they a current customer who wants to be able to scent potpourri, etc?

In that case, I would mark it up just a little-to take into account what you paid for the oil, the shipping to get it to you, and the cost of putting it into a container and labeling it for them.

As a customer they are not going to know what you paid for your oils. I've seen the refresher oils mixed with dpg in a 2 oz. spray bottle go for $5 on quite a few candlemaker's site...

so, i don't see anything wrong with making a little profit. That's all part of business. If, on the other hand it is another crafter or a good friend and you're helping her out, etc. I would cover your costs and call it good.

good luck.