Advertising for my event...

andrealh1975

I've finally gotten everything squared away for my Open House/Fair. Finding/securing a place was a nightmare, which is now settled. So, I'm working on advertising now...Here's what I've come up with so far....

I made up a flyer which has been sent to all participants for distribution and will also be handed out ALL over my area (which includes all of DC, and parts of MD and VA). I plan on going door to door, shopping centers, etc. And posters will be made to post all around by the Wednesday before the event. Here's the flyer....

http://www.andreascandlecreations.com/Doc1.doc

Let me know what ya'll think!! :D

PS....Thanks for the name Prairieannie!!!

Your flyer looks good. You could mention that admission is free. After the sentence "you are invited" and before the thing about the hourly raffle. Hope you have a good turnout!

P.S. Is the place where it's held a well known landmark? If not you could include a brief direction of how to get there.

What you need to do today is contact your chamber and get a list of all the medias in your area and send out a press release today or tommorow then send it out again week before your event and then again the day before your event. That is a good way to get some free advertising.

Nice looking! The fair I'm in the weekend before Thanksgiving is the same type of thing - an individual getting crafters together at her Victorian house. Your flyer is *much* nicer than the one I've got to put up for her :)

Thanks Robin!!! :D

I got the flyer from microsoft http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx

They have templates for everything!!!