snowball blowout

:mad: I made a snowball candle about 4 days ago and finally lit it to test burn yesterday, I used 50/50 pillar votive wax from farmhouse , peppermint FO from lonestar and 44-24-18 zinc wick. well The first burn was about for 3 to 4 hours and it just looked beautiful, so earlier today i relit it for another 3 0r 4 hours and when i just peeked in on it closely i had a blowout:mad: . Why did this happen? Is it the wick? should i go down in a siz?

P.S

I made the snowball without a mold. It was just a corecandle and then did the whipped grubbywax all around it to shape it to a ball.

Any suggestions please:rolleyes2

Hmm, it doesn't seem that it would be too big, but if it blew out, I guess it is. What is the MP of your wax? Try one size down, or maybe a LX or CD wick?

It sounds like an adorable candle. Can you post a pic of the blowout? AH! I just read where you didn't use a mold! Did you pack the wax GOOD? Maybe it had air bubbles??

OOOHHH maybe that was the problem (using a whip wax) I didnt know i had to make sure the wax was packed good,,, hhmmm i will definitly pack tightly this time. I wish i knew how to post a pic but it gets me balled up all the time , i will try tomorrow when i have more brain function:tiptoe:

Thank you so much for your reply.. Im going to make another a pack it good this time. Ionly have

cd-16

cd-8

cd-14

cd-12

cd-6

and lx-26

Dont know anything about these types of wicks, i recieved them as part of a "lot" on the classifieds.

Do you have any suggestions on what wick to start off with?:undecided

Thanks again

OOOHHH maybe that was the problem (using a whip wax) I didnt know i had to make sure the wax was packed good,,, hhmmm i will definitly pack tightly this time. I wish i knew how to post a pic but it gets me balled up all the time , i will try tomorrow when i have more brain function:tiptoe:

Thank you so much for your reply.. Im going to make another a pack it good this time. Ionly have

cd-16

cd-8

cd-14

cd-12

cd-6

and lx-26

Dont know anything about these types of wicks, i recieved them as part of a "lot" on the classifieds.

Do you have any suggestions on what wick to start off with?:undecided

Thanks again

Yes, pack the grubby wax good and tight. :) From your list I would try the CD8 next. The LX would be too big. Let us know how the next test does!!

Do you have candle glitter to sprinkle on the top? :drool:

actually i sprinkled glitter on the outside of the 1st candle and it did look really pretty.........I dont knoe if it was candle glitter but the glitter was almost like a dust instead of regular craft glitter. So hopefully that is ok to use.:embarasse

I will try the cd8 next burn test.

Your help is greatly appreciated.