Peaks Cotton Core Wick??

I ordered a sample pack of there Cotton Core wicks and I can NOT find a guide or chart for a starting point. I need to have some idea what size wick for what size container = Soy Wax.

Anyone have some clues?

I wrote to Peak two days ago and have not gotten any response - and I need to start testing these.

Thanks in advance for any and all responses!

Peak's site lists the dia. jars that they recommend the wicks for in paraffin, you should go up one or two sizes for straight soy. Sorry didn't have time to type them all in. I really liked these wicks, didn't work for what I wanted. Still would like to find something to use them for.

Pam, if you click on the wick it will tell you what the diameter suggested is for. I am just getting ready to test these myself. I do wish they had a higher melt point coating as I found the wick to be flimsier then other cottons I have worked with. I am excited to see a larger size in the cottons.

I do wish they had a higher melt point coating as I found the wick to be flimsier then other cottons I have worked with.

Jeannie

In my limited use of these wicks, I had no issue with them holding their own in the wax. Even though they aren't as heavily coated, and appear a little more flimsy then other wicks, they hold up well; as well as another wick I have tested.

For me it was hard to wick my testers since I wick them after the candle is set up. The wick was flimsy trying to get it down in the hole it kept bending and scrunching up. I am not suggesting this will affect the burn just something I noticed. So far the one I have burning is doing rather nicely and I like that they are very white.

I liked these wicks too. Unfortunately, they aren't big enough to single wick my wide mouth jars. I've noticed that other wicks of Peaks aren't as rigid as wicks I get from other suppliers. i.e., I was using RRD's and bought some from Peaks. They were not as heavily coated as the ones I purchased else where. But, this didn't affect my burn at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Pam - just wanted to be sure, when you asked Peak for a starting recommendation they said a 70 --- and that was for SOY correct?

Thanks!

I heard back from Peak and C70 was suggested for a 2.5" container. So that is a starting point.

Thank you all so much for the replies!

Yes Henryk - I have played a little with these wicks now and found:

EL Soy - (not millenium but reg)

4oz Hex = C-70 to C-75 Depending on FO

8oz Mason (short squat one) C-80 or C-75 Depending on FO

4 oz frosted "glasses" (Target sells these in packages of 8) C-70 to C-75

I did find that there is a difference with the FO used - but this is the range (so far anyway:yes: )