For those that make dipped bears, a Q...

I've made my 1st dipped bears today, what fun. Really enjoyed those. Don't know why but never realised how stiff/solid they set lol.

I made 2 small white bears with glitter on (Charlotte and Sophie ;) and a larger brown bear (Dudley). My question, I didn't quite wring out Dudley enough, and when he's been sat on grease proof paper, he's pooled ;) His whole bottom and legs underneath are one big set blob of wax.

Can I use my heat gun to remelt his bottom and let him set again?

Any tips?

I'm going to put them in a basket on a paper doily or coloured tissue paper, and cello them.

btw, there should have been 4 teddies, I tried to get them done BEFORE the kids finished school but didn't. One is now safely in the arms of my daughter ;)

They think I'm evil dipping them in hot wax :undecided

okay, update........

melted slightly with heat gun, got him bent over and remelted his bottom and underneath his legs, just a tip, be careful where the molten wax runs to in that position and be careful its not a phallic symbol, lmao

I swear to god, I haven't laughed so much in ages, I fell to the floor in the kitchen, crying. I've remelted and saved his modesty ;)

OMG you gave him a willy? :laugh2: :laugh2:

I sit mine on a wire rack over a foil lined roasting pan, then the dripped wax goes back in the pot :grin2:

Where's the pics then???

Anjie,x.

p.s. I had to remove several of my bears from Taz's bed the other night, she was laying ON them, protecting them! Didn't work though Mwahahaha.

I sit mine on a wire rack over a foil lined roasting pan, then the dripped wax goes back in the pot :grin2:

Where's the pics then???

Anjie,x.

p.s. I had to remove several of my bears from Taz's bed the other night, she was laying ON them, protecting them! Didn't work though Mwahahaha.

you sadist lmao

Will post piccies when they are completely dry and finished :D I'm undecided at the moment, what to sit them on to wrap them, basket or candle plate

you sadist lmao

Will post piccies when they are completely dry and finished :D I'm undecided at the moment' date=' what to sit them on to wrap them, basket or candle plate[/quote']

LOL oh yeah, thats me! :D

Why don't you do one of each, post the pics and we'll have a little vote :grin2: Can't wait to see these, i love dipped bears :yay: I want to move on up and do a bigger bear but i'll need a bigger 'dip' pot first....maybe after christmas.

Anjie,x.

okay' date=' update........

melted slightly with heat gun, got him bent over and remelted his bottom and underneath his legs, just a tip, be careful where the molten wax runs to in that position and be careful its not a phallic symbol, lmao

I swear to god, I haven't laughed so much in ages, I fell to the floor in the kitchen, crying. I've remelted and saved his modesty ;)[/quote']

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

You all are too funny!