Soy Votives- please help!!

I recently got an order from the owner of the place that allows me to sell my candles. He would like 24 votives in x-mas scents. No problem, I decided to do 4 sets of six, so he will get 4 different scents.

I did the first batch- a pretty forest green in pine scent which i renaming to something, haven't decided yet.

first time- I lightly sprayed the votive mold with mold release and then stuck in my wick pin. poured them, waited till they set and they popped out nice. well, i couldn't get the freakin wick pin out of them!!! I took one of my butter knives that i use when creating stuff and started prying, of course, it ruined each votive.

ok, so i resprayed 1 mold with the wick pin in it, I even sprayed the pin itself. Remelted one votive and repoured. this was about 3 hrs ago, i just went out there, popped it out of the mold and that darn pin was still stuck!!!! I put it in the freezer for less than 5 min, i didn't want the votive to crack. I was then finally able to get it out without ruining the votive to bad.

Is there any other easier way? am I doing something wrong? I was going to switch over and just use Palm wax for this order, but I really wanted to use soy. I don't know if i have enough palm to make 24 votives.

I appreciate any advice!!!!

thanks

annette

are these new molds? I know when I 1st poured soy into my molds they all stuck frustrated me to no end. They now are all lubed up so to speak and every so often I spray them with like pam spray, doesnt seem to affect them when I pour or light them.

There has been much discussion in a couple of recent threads about removing wick pins and votives from molds - might help to search the forums. Demold them while they are still warm, but completely hardened. Cup the top of the candle (bottom of the wickpin) loosely in your hand and squarely rap the wick pin down on a countertop or other hard surface (be careful to protect the surface so as not to mar it with the wickpin - my countertops are so old it doesn't matter).