Grubby votive mold and wick pins??

OK - I know it is early for me, but this is driving me nuts!

I am looking at the votive grubby mold at C&S. They show the wick pins in the mold. This is what confuses me...if you put a wick pin in the mold, then pour, aren't you going to have a smooth top where the wick pin base is...then a smooth top at the other end where you finish the pour?? How do you get the grubby top??? LOL

Oh, please....put me out of my misery and explain how you use these molds with wick pins!!! LOL

Well I would think what you described would be what would happen. Couldn't you find the center, cut a slit and use that to thread the wick pin through? If it were me, I'd be up for doing that as it's silicone. I'm betting the wick pins are threaded through the mold and not sitting in it.

C&S also sells wick pins that sick into the mold not sit in the mold designed for the silicon molds.

I'd call them and ask, they are quite helpful...they are my main supplier because i started with them before i found CT and learned of the many other nifty places to buy.

Thanks all!

I have a mini sized silicone mold like the one I am talking about, so I will try it out on that and see how it works. Since I have never worked with silicone molds, I wasn't sure if I would be able to make a tiny hole and put the wick pin in and not have wax all over the place!

Your help is MUCH APPRECIATED!

Jane

I wasn't sure if I would be able to make a tiny hole and put the wick pin in and not have wax all over the place!
That's a definite possibility if ya don't put some mold caulking around the place where the wickpin enters the mold...:wink2:

When I use wickpins in molds inserted through the bottom, I place the molds in a container of some sort when pouring ... just in case... ;)