Anyone mix palm and parafin ever?

I mixed frost palm with 4627 just to see what would happen....70%palm 30%4627...basically just made it softer and burn easier, it had great scent throw and took away a good part of the crystalization...I didnt do it again because it really didnt do anything for me...:cheesy2:

Hi,

Thank you for posting your outcome here :)

I was thinking of combining them both as well to see what happens,you saved me from another headache :)

Palm wax has been too problematic for me to even think about adding so much as a votive to my line.As a matter of fact,I have 150 pounds of it that will be shunned to the garage today.That will learn it! :)

Thanks again

Munky

I have never done this, but have done so with Soy. I wouldn't give up on this idea yet. Try 85 Palm / 15 Para or 90/10. You won't lose much of the crystallization effect and you'll still get some softness to the wax.

Thank you. I'm not very concerned with the crystalization (sp?) of the wax since I don't color my candles. I just don't like soy. I think it has a funny smell to it that my nose picks up. I'd like to try it to see what happens. I'm just sick and tired of trying so many fo's and have them not throw well. They throw, just not like I would like.

• 2 months later...

I like to put just a little palm--maybe 5 to 10% with paraffin just to aid with unmolding pillars. That's pretty much all it does--doesnt affect burn or anything--I just like the hardness it adds I was only lucky once to find some palm votives. I didnt care for the way palm burns all by itself..but was pleased with how it adds hardness so that pillars slip right out of the mold.

Just curious. :confused:

I purchased a TON of Mulberry pillar candles just before Christmas at an incredible price from a store here locally and they were all 50/50 paraffin/palm. They burn *beautifully and I have to say that they seem to last forEVER. So...I don't see why you couldn't do a 50/50 blend. :)

I'd give it a try.

Mt Annie