Just got a FO order from Solas Candle!

whiffandsniff

www.solascandle.com I took Chris up on his FO's he was promoting. His offer was 1oz FO for 1 dollar. Oh my wow! Soooo good! Here's my review. These are all based on whiffs of the FO not tested in wax.

Orange Smoothie: I was looking for more of an orange scent. This smells very orange/vanilla dreamcicle. Yum!

Orange Blossom BBW type: Very true to the BBW scent!

Tiramisu: Just like the real thing. You can smell the liquor which I like. The chocolate and coffee smell is also devine!

Happy Heart type: Right on. Can't go wrong!

Strawberry Wine: Can really smell the wine with a hint of strawberry. Very floral almost.

Blueberry Pie: Totally different then what the muffin scent would smell like. More blueberry with a tad of crust :)

Berry Patch: I just smell floral. Will have to try this in wax.

Fresh Cut Grass: Smells like old wet grass. Not too sure about this. Will have to try in wax.

Candy Corn: I like this better then my BCN FO. Very buttery and vanilla. Good!

Pear tea: Smells soapy :(

Vanilla Plum: Smell the plum, but not the vanilla so much.

Shortbread: Dead ringer! Will order more of!

Carribean Summer: Very summery. Smells like sweet fruity candy.

Mango Tea: Can't describe this, but it's good. 1st whiff and I thought it was Body Shop satusma body wash. Yum.

Nutmeg: Can't go wrong!

Grape: Just like grape bubble yum!

Pumpkin Pie: Not spicey! Very crust like and warm.

Fig: Not too sure about this. Smells like soap.

Guavaberry: Yummy and smells like fruity candy.

Angel Food Cake: Very yummy and true to it's name.

I just placed another order with Solas. Chris is great to work with and very helpful. His scents are really nice and has some different ones that are not just the food/bakery scents. If anyone is on the fence about whether or not to give him a try, TAKE THE JUMP! LOL :D Seriously, samples are on sale, give'm a try.

Vanilla Plum is also really strong!! Seriously folks! I'm not even kidding.. I even replaced an order this week and bought FO's from him that I was buying at other places just because I wanted to check it out.

His Pink Sugar is dead on! His Pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin Spice are wonderful, but my favorite is his Orange Smoothie and Happy Heart Dupe. OH MY GOSH!

Okay I went to pick up my order at Chris's yesterday. He had a few scents out for me to sniff and I ended up buying 5 more just cuz they were so dead on and strong I couldn't pass em up.

Lavender Cucumber & Sage - Very nice, strong refreshing smelling

Hot Chocolate - dead on scent. A very rich hot chocolate. I had a sample of JS Hot cocoa at home and took a sniffie. Solas wins hands down.

Iced Gingerbread - Yum wasn't going to get any food scents but...

Clean Cotton - Like you just took towels outa the dryer

Apple - a nice crisp apple, no spice very strong

Juniper - I smelled this last time and didn't get any due to limited budget, but I just got some this time. Really fresh and strong.

Autumn Leaves - Really earthy with a touch of patchouli

Kojiki- Nice- hard to describe, has an earthy base with bamboo notes

Lavender Harvest - Lavender floral blend, really nice for those who don't like a real strong lavender. Have to cut back on this cuz it's really strong.

Others I sniffed, but didn't have the funds to purchase and are on my wish list:

Peach - awesome (just like you picked it off the tree and took a bite)

Black Currant - nice, sweet and strong

Romantic Bloom - Very soft rose - nice and strong

Sandalwood Rose - nice more clean smelling would be really nice in soap or lotion

I bought a bunch from there also. I loved the Brooklyn Biscotti, Iced Gingerbread, Cucumber Tea. The Strawberry Jelly smells just like BCN Strawberry Jam that I have. I also got the Autumn Leaves and Black Current but just put them up for sale in the classifieds because I already have something very similar. So far what I got I liked, I'm sure I'll be back for more soon. :smiley2: