How Do I Get It Out??

I received my new votive wick pins today so had to run out to the garage and use them asap :D They came out fab but how do I get the wick pins out of the finished votive *lol* and and and when I have managed to get the pins out of the votives and wicked them, do I have to hit the top with a heat gun to 'set' the wick - because the wick pin hole is bigger than the wick - or do I just leave it as is. I don't like the look of the tops of my votives after I heat gun them, I like em luuuvly and smooth :cheesy2:

Anjie,x.

What is it about those wick pins! I have the same question. Also, what if you have a strange shaped mold like a star shape? How do you prepare those wickless? And, my wick pins for my votives don't cover the entire bottom of the mold, there is a very small space around the edges, is this a bad thing? I so badly want to use wick pins! :confused:

After you have poured the vitve, and is has set up, top it off and wait. As soon as you can remove the votive from the cup, push the tip of the pin against a solid surface, and it will slide right out. If you have to wait until the votive is completely cool, it's harder to do, but it will still pop out. You just have to push harder.

Fredron

Also, what if you have a strange shaped mold like a star shape?

Find the center and put a little ball of mold putty on the bottom of the wick pin and stick it onto the bottom of the mold - just enough to hold it in place. You don't have to seal it per sae - the putty is there so you won't klutz up and move the wickpin. HTH:)

Find the center and put a little ball of mold putty on the bottom of the wick pin and stick it onto the bottom of the mold - just enough to hold it in place. You don't have to seal it per sae - the putty is there so you won't klutz up and move the wickpin. HTH:)

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! I AM GOING TO TRY IT

like fredron said just turn the votive over and push the pin against a hard surface... although i usually do mine when they have cooled and dont have any problems getting them out... also, dont worry about that little gap around the wick... as soon as it is lit that hole will fill in...