Do you have any customers w/asthma??

iammommytwo

Hi I make candles and I have very bad asthma. So far so good. I have not had any trouble. Between making and test burning all my candles. I have yet to find a scent that bothers my asthma. So far my coustmers don't have any complaints either. Regina :cheesy2:

I have chronic bronchial asthma and don't have any problems. I do get a few customers that come into my booth that have allergic reactions mostly older ladies. They start to get a runny nose and start complaining, but their friends still stick candles in their face. I will never understand why they bother coming into my booth. It doesn't make any sense.

Good question. My daughter has asthma. I try to pour when no one is home, but I've never noticed a problem~knock on wood. I've definitly thought about that. Seem's like EO's would be more of a problem for allergies and asthma than FO's are seeing as how they are derived from the actual plants.

although I work with FOs and EOs, and scent my house, my asthma doctor has insisted for years I go fragrance free in my home. I tell him it's a quality o life thing for me, and that frankly even during fragrance-free periods there is no difference. But he doesn't back down.

For the kids (asthma sufferers like moi) I do a fragrance free month periodically (all FOs out of the living spaces, no soaps in the area, no candles - nothing, zip, zero, zilch, nada - and no impact on our health that I can tell.

Still, he insists.

DH has asthma and this year is the first the pouring of the candles has really bothered him ALOT. Hence, a big part of the reason I've decided to hang it up.

Burning candles do not seem to affect him though.

Especially if the FO is Sun Ripened Raspberry from SC!

My FIL has extreme asthma and can't even be around a burning candle or any kind of scent, be it cologne, soap etc.