Question about Craft Fairs

CandleScents

OK I have been doing this for about 8 months now, and I have heard about allot of you going to craft fairs setting up booths etc.

Where do you get information on Craft Fairs, how to you go about getting into one. Do you have to be invited, or is it kind of like a big craft flea market?

Just curious how you go about finding out what is available in your area, how much in advance to you have on reserving a space, etc . . . .

Thanks, . . . .

We've found books that list the shows in this state and states around us. You might do a little googling to see if you find something that includes SC. I don't think the ones we get do. Craftlister online, like Shell said, is good, but the problem we had was finding a lot more shows. You might even attend a craft fair and ask vendors or find the show organizer and ask how to get more information. Also, you can contact Chamber of Commerces in and around your areas for some leads to shows and watch newspapers and community bulletin board places in your area etc.

As I was doing my testing, I spent a year going to all the shows I could find, checking them out. I looked in the paper under the activities section, I looked for flyers at the local craft stores and asked the employees there, Went to craft malls in the area and checked to see if they had any information.

I went to the shows so I could see how they looked, the kind of traffic they had, what the booths looked like. It made my first fair easier since I kinda knew what to expect. And it's cut way down on the bum fairs.

Festivalnet.com also has alot of shows that craftlister.com does not have. Also don't be afraid to try the larger shows (you sometimes get what you pay for!!), but your best bet is to talk to other crafters at shows...that is my best source for show info and help limit the number of slow shows.