Open House Invitations

cleanglow

I am preparing for my 1st open house but was wondering if any of you could give me some guidance on the invitaions. When you do them, do you call it a Candle Open House? A Candle Party? I want people to be clear on what it's all about but I don't want it to be too wordy either, kwim?

Why am I so stumped on this? Getting burned out early this season. :)

Jenn

Here's an example of mine - granted, other people probably have better ideas, but maybe if you get several then you can meld them together :)

Please Join Us !

TLC Candle Co.

Fabulous Candles for Fabulous People

You are invited to an open house !

Hostess: ........

Where: ........

When: Saturday, April 28, 2007, 2:00-5:00 p.m., at your convenience

Phone No. if directions are needed: ..........

Bring a friend!!

Items Available:

Fabulous scented candles !

Fabulous wax melts, for those that like a wickless alternative !

Fabulous car fresheners !

Fabulous drawer or closet fresheners !

Light refreshments will be served!!

There will be a drawing for one fabulous door prize !

Please join us if you are able – these items make Great Mother’s Day gifts, or are great for your own individual use ! All items are hand-poured, or hand-made in our home. If you are tired of buying candles that don’t have a great scent throw, tunnel down, or drip down the sides while burning, you won’t want to miss this.

Cash and checks are accepted

I had pictures interspersed on the invite to make it a little more interesting. Again, this was for my first open house, so it's maybe not the best, but it will give you an idea or two maybe (also, my candles are "fabulous" themed, that's why I use the stupid word so much lol)

I'm doing my first open house soon also, and of course haven't even begun to work on invites, flyers etc.

I was just going to do up a quick evite for those that are living out of the area, and then do up a flyer for everyone else that I come into contact with.

Also, I'll be handing out scratch off discount cards at the door.

Dang I just realized that I'd better get to working on these things huh? LOL

Since I've never done any of these things before, I'm interested in seeing what others have done also.

I am preparing for my 1st open house but was wondering if any of you could give me some guidance on the invitaions. When you do them, do you call it a Candle Open House? A Candle Party? I want people to be clear on what it's all about but I don't want it to be too wordy either, kwim?

Why am I so stumped on this? Getting burned out early this season. :)

Jenn

First you have to decide if you want to do an open house or a party.. Open houses are basically from xx time to zz time where a party starts at xx time. Most parties you will have to figure out some sort of games or something for your guest to do. I actually prefer open houses because I hate playing games (shoppers point of view.) I prefer to go in buy what I want and get out.

Now for my invitations I give them the basics.

Who : My Company Name

What: Open house

When: 11 am - 3 pm

Where: Company Location

And then I just put in a little blurb about come check out the new products and new scents for Fall , Spring, Summer, Winter or whatever.

I also tell them that they are welcome to bring a friend or two because they are welcome too!

Light Snacks will be provided.

This is the information that I put on my invitations. I want people to know what I am doing and why. I also want them to know that there isn't going to be a meal just light snacks. (I know people who go to parties just to eat!)

Hope this helps you out some. If you have any questions pm me!

You guys were all talking about flyers and brochures, etc and I thought about a company that my friend owns called Creative Publications. He does many products that might help you out and they are priced great. I have used him for many things after we became friends. If you are interested PM me and I will give you some more info. Some of his products include

Business Cards 100 for 9.49

Brochures 25 for 29.49

Invitations 50 for 18.49

Flyers 25 19.49

Magnets 25 for 10.49

He has many more and there are price breaks as you buy more. He can ship and normally will have it to you in one week.

HTH

I so badly wanted to have an Open House this fall, but don't have the time to organize one, so maybe in the spring.

For my other candle parties, I ordered some postcards printed up with basicall the same information as judyvega and all I or the hostess have to do is fill in the information. The side where the address goes has a picture of my products in black and white.

HTH,

Steph