EZ Soy and dye

I read BC instructions for using EzSoy. They said to add FO at 120F.

However, I've read tons of posts about adding it at 170F then stirring like mad. Which is the best way?

While Im add it, can you assist me in some scent throw problems? I have great scent when Im making them but then no throw, hot or cold, after they cure for a week.

I have 8oz jj and use HTP-105 and CD-12 wicks. The 105 may be a bit big but it melts all the way down. I add .8oz of FO per jar (all BC's).

Finally, does dye affect scent in any way? Should I just bag using the dye or is it not that complicated?crazy.gif

One thing I am curious about first, is you say you use .8oz of fragrance per "jar". Assuming you, like most of us cannot fit 8oz of wax in an 8 fl oz jar, (I can only get 7oz in and that is pouring HOT).. you are using at least a 12% fragrance load :confused:

I don't know of any soy meant to hold that much fragrance, so you might first try backing off the scent load.

2nd.. If you add your fo at 120, as soon as the oil hits the wax, the wax will cloud up and crystalize in spots. You can see it happening when you do it. It is not binding with the wax and will not properly disperse. This happens around 140-150 degrees as well, so as you can see, you'll need to add scent at a much higher temp than 120.

Your scent throw issues sound like you are way over wicked and overscented. The meltpoint of your wax is only 125.. you add 12% fragrance to it (upping the oil content by quite a bit) and wick it HOT. All you are doing is burning off fragrance before it can be "diffused" into the air from the molten pool.

A: Back down on scent to no more than 9%

B: Add scent around 165-175 degrees and stir well

C: Wick properly.. if you can't hold onto the candle jar at full meltpool and depth of at least 1/4" ..you are overwicking.

D: If things dont' improve with further fragrance testing, look into testing another wax.