What Kind Of Glue Should I Use?

Okay, I have a tall container that I need to cover with a scenery picture (made of a very brittle paper with glitter on the top). I'm wondering what the best choice of a glue would be to get this picture to stick to the candle container. What kind can withstand the heat, and also dry in a way so that as the candle is burning, a person wouldn't see where the glue has been applied? Any ideas out there?

ALSO, as long as I'm asking my "glue" question.....is there a special glue & glitter combination that I should use to touch up the picture that I'll glue on the container? Are these things that I can get at a Michael's craft store? Or, is it more complicated than that? Thanks for any suggestions!

There is a glue sold at the craft stores for scrapbooking that goes on blue and turns clear. It doesn't leave any ripples or bumps in the paper when it dries. It works great on glass, paper plastic, wood, etc.... I use it all the time, but now I can't find it to give you the name.:confused:

Thanks for the replies. I'm headed to the craft store today, so I'll look for that Modge Podge, and also in the scrapbooking section for that other glue. I need to get this done so that I can wrap these two candle holders pronto! Have an awesome day!