Phone service

mysticglow

I have debated whether or not to get a seperate phone line for my business.

Just curious how many have seperate lines. Has it proven to be an asset to your business or just another expense? I know it's not really that costly but as I'm a fairly new company I'm not making the big bucks, yet! :DJust wanted to get your opinions on the matter. TIA for any input you have to offer. Judy

Guest EMercier

weird, I have a second line and don't know why. Only been called on it once for business. I've had lots of wrong numbers. Maybe I'll look into the special ring. We used to have that at home (when I was stilll living there).

What I have right now is an additional number on my regular phone line. It rings different so I know it's the business line (and to answer appropriately! LOL) and it's only $5/mo through my phone service.

Same here!!!

What I have right now is an additional number on my regular phone line. It rings different so I know it's the business line (and to answer appropriately! LOL) and it's only $5/mo through my phone service.

That's what I am using currently but was considering the second line because I've got two teens in the house and they pretty much keep the phone tied up most of the time. I have call waiting but then it's always the kids that answer. I just don't want to seem unprofessional to potential customers. KWIM? :undecided

Right now I have a cell phone that I use for business. I get some personal calls on it but it is just family that has the number other than customers. My voice mail is personalised to my business and I find it extremely helpful. I was thinking about getting the Vonage business line early next year because it costs the same as my home line with verizon. Then I could have 2 lines (one for personal other for business) and a fax line. :grin2:

OK I have a seperate phone line but do not use it.I have it to my computer because if I am on-line the phone just rings and rings.Also I have call waiting because on my regular phone I do also community work.So if and when I do get busy I want my other phone line but the problem is that it is the one hooked to this computer all day.I have some re-doing here.

I am just doing shows now and have been for 2 years but website is coming soon.For some reason I did better at the craft shows but it is very long and the hauling is harder and harder every year.I will do a few but my plans this year were to do at least 2-3 a month.Well after 3 shows I am slowing down.The last one I froze and made no money.I don't think others did either but one lady who sold hat and gloves did fine.Figure that out!!!She gave my friend's daughter a hat and another little girl.

LynnS