Which is the best votive holder for soy?

Guest Candelishis

I use shrink wrap sleeves and package mine in pairs. I'm thinking about also offering loose individual votives, and not putting any packaging on them at all, and offering the clamshell votive holders and offering a "mix n match" pair of votives. I am also considering not making votives any more at all...I don't sell very many at all. Usually just Christmas ones, and I think that is because I make them striped in Christmas-y colors, and I think people buy them just for looks, because they're too pretty to burn.

I shrink-wrap mine. Arguably, this is not the most attractive nor protective way to package them, but many folks buy them singly and the shrink wrap offers a little protection from handling and one can still see how lovely they are and smell them right through the wrapping. :)

I started out with the cello bags, but soy is so soft that they will become 'icky' and messy without some sort of protection. That is why I switched to shrink-wrap...

That being said, I too sell little votives. I sell more containers than anything, sadly enough. I wish I sold more votives, but then again, they're harder to deal with and require a lot more work.

There are boxes like the clamshells you can buy. Do a search on the general forum for that and I think you will come up with some good threads. But bottom line, I think that votives made of soy are so soft that that they require some extra 'protection.' Hehe... :laugh2: No really, they do...