How Was Everyone's Shows???

islandgirl

I did a small town show today and it turned out to be excellent!! :yay:

Lots of buyers , lots of wholesale and fundraiser interest. So we will see..:cheesy2:

It was a bit windy outside, which made it hard to keep my tent grounded, but the $$ was good!!

How did the rest of you make out???

We did a small town craft show, first time at that one. The day was beautiful, the crowd was way down according to other vendors. We did well, for our first time. We are drumming up business for our little shop in a neighboring town, too, so we figure it is good advertizing.

We were okay with it, of course we always want more.

I had my first show of the season this weekend. Two days and I did good. Sold a million air fresheners for some reason. Very tired though :( I have shows for the next three weekends, then one open house and another show in December. Busy season for sure :) The one upcoming this weekend is usually good so I am looking forward to it. People seem very willing to part with their cash this year. :)

Shows have been doing very well this year. Some doing much more than previous years.

We had one klinker, which was in a small town, a women's expo... I hate these kind of shows but one never knows what to expect. We made $386.00... OUCH!!!! It's not often we do small towns, nor established show, but oh well,, maybe we'll get some residual sales from it... time will tell..

Our last outdoor show was last weekend "Oktoberfest" with the usual 8,000 - 10,000 in attendance for the day's festivities. Awesome sales..... good weather... lots of fun!!!!

We are booked every weekend until December 15,,, we might run a basket boutique in the mall on Dec. 22, for all those last minute shoppers.

Wholesale is bananas this year, we've doubled in wholesale.

chachinggggg....

Good luck everyone... !!!!!

I am so glad you are all doing so well :yay: BUT it really makes me wonder what we are doing wrong!

We have had two home shows (five people showed up at each one) and we made approx $100-125 at each. The craft show that we did this weekend brought in under $200 (and that was our GOOD show last year). We take EVERYTHING with us (makes me swear I am going to make jewelry in my next life), haul it in, set it up - then take most of it home with us.

We make paraffin (wicked and wickless) and soy jars, votives and melts, aroma bead sachets, envelope sachets and we have cachepot and votive warmers from Levines.

People rave about the scents, the variety, the prices, etc. - then walk away.

We have two more home shows and one more craft fair this Fall. This is the first year we have actually gone into debt before the shows so even if we do make any money, it has to pay off the credit cards.

So sorry for the whine...just feeling a bit overwhelmed and disappointed at the same time. :tiptoe:

But I truly am glad everyone else is doing well...I am hoping we just haven't established ourselves yet (2nd year sellers) and it will just get better as we go.

We had one klinker, which was in a small town, a women's expo... I hate these kind of shows but one never knows what to expect. We made $386.00... OUCH!!!! It's not often we do small towns, nor established show, but oh well,, maybe we'll get some residual sales from it... time will tell..

I'm not getting something - you hate this kind of a show but made $386? I'd kill to have your 'klinker' right now!! We were rained out at one show (then had to come home a re-do labels) - made booth fee and that was only $50; yesterday had gorgeous weather - actually got too hot and melted some products which will have to be replaced and only made $75 ($15 booth fee)! We'd love to 'hate' a show for $386 income!!

$386, is a very low show for us. Our sales usually run from $1000 - $1200 a day at a typical show with holidays sales almost double those amounts. We have a large clientele' base that has taken us many years to build at craft shows. Some shows have went out of business, so we try something new that weekend... that weekend was our klinker.. LOL!!!