What should I put in these?

Christina

So, I've got my eye on some really cute little sprayers (OT), and I really want to get them, but now I have to think of something to put in them. I'm out of cylomethicone and I'm not sure where to get it for a good price now that I've moved out west (canada). I would LOVE to make a toner or facial mist but I'm having trouble finding recipes. I thought, just some witch hazel with some eo's maybe, but I have dry skin to begin with, and wont that dry it out? Then there are distillates but those go bad and I was wanting to give some as christmas present perhaps...does anyone have an idea?

Christina

I'm not real experienced in if and when things will go 'bad', but I wonder if you could add EO's to Rose Water or any other floral waters. Also, if you can get some Aloe Juice that would be great for skin and you could just add either some Fco (i think) and fragrance. I don't know if they mix or how to make them... just random ideas here, lol.

If you are talking about those little black bottles.. aren't they nice? I am thinking about doing something similar for Christmas gifts for the tween and teen girls in my family. I like to make what I call Hair Perfume - just to be different I guess, lol. :rolleyes2 I do mine with Witch Hazel and Distilled water and skin safe FO. They are in small enough bottles and they like em well enough that they use them up quickly.

I'm not real experienced in if and when things will go 'bad', but I wonder if you could add EO's to Rose Water or any other floral waters. Also, if you can get some Aloe Juice that would be great for skin and you could just add either some Fco (i think) and fragrance. I don't know if they mix or how to make them... just random ideas here, lol.

If you are talking about those little black bottles.. aren't they nice? I am thinking about doing something similar for Christmas gifts for the tween and teen girls in my family. I like to make what I call Hair Perfume - just to be different I guess, lol. :rolleyes2 I do mine with Witch Hazel and Distilled water and skin safe FO. They are in small enough bottles and they like em well enough that they use them up quickly.

I'd say you'd probably be best of putting straight floral waters in the sprayers. Once you start adding things like EOs or oils, even FCO to the mix, you're going to need emulsifiers and preservatives. The simplest would be to just add something like Lavender Water or Rose Water. I'm not a fan of Lavender, but it's really nice in a blend of about 40:60 with Rose Water. It can be used as a facial spray/toner (doesn't have much in true toning, but for sensitive skin, this is really good). A lot of people use it as a refreshing facial spray, like on airplanes (assuming they'll let you on with it nowadays). I've used mine as a linen spray. The scent doesn't stick, but it does seem to keep my pillow seeming 'fresher' longer.