parafin WHY??? this happen

when I put them in the freezer for about 10 min for "quick" cool to get them out of the ice cube tray did they crack on the bottom?????

the C3 straight soy did NOT do this but the straight votive/parafin did??

What did I do wrong?

HELP please????:confused: Now I am cryin really hard... :(

Did you spray a non stick cooking spray in them before using? I find the spray helps a lot. Then when I cool in the freezer the tart will just fall out with no effort at all. I haven't used ice trays, but I've used metal muffin pans, silicone cupcake cups, metal tart molds, etc. and this method works every time so far. Hope this helps.

no twisting done.. can I repour over it and fix it or shoud I just pop them out and re melt them and pour them in again and just wait my little self with some patience? I hate to loose them ~ you know.. :)

One more quick question. Is this a new ice tray? The reason I ask is because water can create a hard film in the trays over time from the elements in the water. They have to be washed with I think it is vinegar to get the residue out.

I didn't spray it but I used vaseline to put a very very thin film on the bottom and sides to keep from sticking .. it worked beautifully with the c3 soy and so I figured would with the parafin... thats what I get for thinking~lol..

I am goin to just pop them out and remelt to start over again.. it even did it in the clamshell too.. (which that one by the way was mine) did it as my little tester to see what the scent was going to hold well... so that one I am not worrying about but the ice cubes were for someone else that wanted bigger tarts~.. back to the drawing board~haha

Ok.. repoured them.. can I take my heat gun and make the tops smooth and look nice and blended like they should be? or will that make a bigger mess than when it started? it has like a "bubble" effect on the top that is seperated from the rest is why I am asking .. thought the heat gun would make it melt to the rest of the tart... Man I hate trying to "fix" stuff~lol.. any advice appreciated~Thanks much!!

I hear ya - I hate fixing stuff too!

Is the ice tray metal? If so then yeah I don't see why not. I don't think I'd try it with plastic though. I heat gun votives sometimes while they are still in the mold and that is very tricky. Just hold the gun far away where they only get a little draft of air. Full force will send wax flying! It's going to take longer holding it far away but at least you won't have a huge mess.

I done the heat gun thing.. made mess.. so I started over.. Iam just going to stick with soy tarts!LOL.. they were less mess to deal with~hahaha... actually I think it was more the "operator" than the wax itself.. but hey its all in fun learning the process.. and It aint like I wont use the tarts myself~LOL.. Thank you all for your help and advice in this fiasco!! I am chalking it up to lesson learned in keep patience when working with candles! haha

Try it again, pour slower, leave some to top off (make tops smoother) and see how that goes. Watch your pouring temp too ... the cooler the wax, the less it shrinks, but if you top it off, you still need it to be hot enough to latch onto the bottom layer.

I used to put things in the freezer, too. Came out with the same cracking problem. I've since discovered using the fridge section works much better for me. It shrinks them just enough to where they pop out but not frozen enough to become brittle. I forgot and left them in overnight one time - popped out the next day no worse for wear.