I'm not Don Ho, but I have bubbles....

I have searched this question but can't come up with a topic that addresses it.

My container candles made with C-3 have a whole bunch of tiny bubbles on the outside of the melt pool next to the glass. The candle burns fine otherwise. Is this common to the wax, or am I doing something wrong? It does it on all of the 4 FOs that I am currently using.

C-3 heated to 180

transfer to pouring pot and add FO and stir constantly for about 4 minutes.

Let cool on its own to about 100 stirring occasionaly during the cool down.

Pour slowly when almost slushy. Second pour when needed, also cool.

Candles look beautiful and have great hot and cold throw. I do not use dye.

Any ideas?

I have the same thing happen with C-3. One idea that seems to help a lot is to "cook" the wax by holding it hot (before adding the FO) for 15-20 minutes. I think it forces a lot of those tiny bubbles right out.

Unfortunately they do seem to come back to a degree after each burn.

Read here: http://candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59528&highlight=c-3+bubbles

Thanks CareBear,

I will try that method first thing in the morning. Thanks for the link as well. According to what I read there, it looks like they are a trademark of the wax.

C-3 is the only wax I have used(except for V-1) and I really like working with them both. Not to mention that my supplier is 25min away from my front door!!!! With the savings in shipping, I WILL live with Don Ho's "Tiny Bubbles"!!!

Thanks again...........

Don

I've got 10# of EcoSoya Adv that I must have gotten from someone last time I tried candles - and I'm giving that a try next weekend. I unfortunately have a LOUSY sniffer (which is odd considering I'm in the frag industry) so will have to make candles, test the wicks for safety and burning and THEN give them out for testing (I don't have any testers I trust with wacky wicks) so it'll be a bit before I get the full story. If it's prettier and the throw is still fab I may leave C-3 for it.

And I'm BEYOND JEALOUS about how near your supplier is. I can drive an hour and a half for a supplier who DOESN'T have what I want, or 2.5 for one that does...

I'm not ready to throw in the towel on C-3 just yet. I am sure that with more testing and with the help of my supplier, who is VERY CLOSE:wink2: , I'm sure we will work out this little problem.

I would pay shipping before I would drive 2.5 hrs. I hate traffic because most people overdose on stupid pills before getting behind the wheel!!!:angry2:

Maybe you should look into becoming a supplier your self;) ..........

You would always have what you want and you wouldn't have to go far to get it!!!

let lme know what you figure out about the C-3. You sove the bubbles and you will be my hero (which comes with rewards of spoon fudge)!

Supplier...? Ha!!! I have fun DOING - the business aspect of it boggles me and makes me sweat. Funny tho, that I DO get wax for my company when they need bits of this or that!!! Maybe I should!

Embrace your bubbles!!

I find that the C-3 bubbles like a glass of champaign.

Yes, you can cut them down by pouring slower and make sure you pour hot. But those little bubbles are hard to get rid of.

I kinda like them.. They look cool when burning.

It's kinda like embracing frosting.. Ya know..:)

Embrace when there is no other choice. Vegetable waxes have loads of little glitches, but for most issues, there is no reason to accept air bubbles and pockets, frosting, sinkholes, etc. when there ARE solutions to (or ways to minimize) these problems. I encourage everyone to TRY to resolve problems and not just accept them as "the nature of the wax."

Embrace when there is no other choice. Vegetable waxes have loads of little glitches, but for most issues, there is no reason to accept air bubbles and pockets, frosting, sinkholes, etc. when there ARE solutions to (or ways to minimize) these problems. I encourage everyone to TRY to resolve problems and not just accept them as "the nature of the wax."

Sometimes acceptance will keep your sanity!!! LOL

I don't think Don was talking about sinkholes or Air Pockets here.

I think it is the little tiny champaign like bubbles C-3 seems to have when burning. (Which does not effect the burn or scent throw.)

Watching tiny bubble could be therapeutic.. It's all how you look at it!!!:D

OK, so I have the tiny bubbles too but I don't mind them, they are kinda cute, but I do have sink holes with this wax. How can I prevent these? Pour hot, pour cold? I have always used ezsoy with no sink holes and I switched to this wax. I just need to find the right way to pour this wax I guess.

I do a second pour for all my candles.

It helps with the sink holes and also helps with my tops looking nice.

I usally don't have to take a heat gun to them when I do the second pour.. HTH:smiley2:

That's what I do also. I rather do a second repour than use a heat gun.