El Soy .....

I am trying to use EL wax now because I have a supplier that is about 7-8 mins away from me. This will really save money for me on shipping costs. However, the more I use it, the more I am beginning not to like it. The supplier said that she loves it and it gives good everything and that's why she chose to become a supplier.

I haven't been getting a good hot throw on my candles. I have been getting a hot throw for my tarts but not like I would like it. It is going to be a matter of choice for you once you start testing. I am fairly new and I am testing all 3 of their waxes and I can say that I do like the votive blend as far as not having to add anything to it for the candles to come out of the molds and tarts popping right out of the molds without freezing them or anything. But it's the hot throw that I don't like. I haven't been satisfied.

I was speaking with a lady on this forum that changed from using soy wax to using paraffin and I believe that is what I am going to do because it has been taken over 2 weeks for my candles to cure and even after curing that long I still haven't gotten a good throw from them. The cold throw is great but not the hot throw. Speaking with the supplier, she said that I was doing everything ok. JMO HTH

Veronica

I started out using this wax. I never really got good results with it. It frosted waaaay too much, and I also had problems with the hot throw. I was using up to 9% FO in it, and still not getting the results I wanted. Even mixing BW didn't seem to help the frosting. I poured it at several different Temps and tried adding the FO at different temps to no success.

I also tried the millenium wax, but it wasn't all that much better. I also found that it had a strong smell to it (wax smell, can't describe it, though), and it also came out after it burned even stronger. There is a board that is dedicated to this wax through candlesoylutions.com. You could try getting help there. A lot of people swear by it, but after trying different waxes, I switched. Getting better results now-but there are no distributers of soy(that I know of) in my state so I will have to pay shipping no matter what. Good luck to ya!!

I forgot to add that the millenium soy had a shinier appearance to it when cooled, and I remember having to wick up just a tad with this wax. HTH

I started out using this wax. I never really got good results with it. It frosted waaaay too much, and I also had problems with the hot throw. I was using up to 9% FO in it, and still not getting the results I wanted. Even mixing BW didn't seem to help the frosting. I poured it at several different Temps and tried adding the FO at different temps to no success.

I forgot to add that the millenium soy had a shinier appearance to it when cooled, and I remember having to wick up just a tad with this wax. HTH

I have been getting the same results you were. I am thinking about switching to something else also. What did you switch to that gave you better results? I am thinking about going with paraffin to see how that may work for me.

Veronica

well....I now use Calsoy Cb3. I can get it from Washington, as I live in Idaho it is not bad for shipping. I really like this wax. But, have you tried EZ soy? It was #2 on my list. You can get it from BCS and its pretty fairly priced. I made some 22oz square containers with it and scented them with Med. Fig from Peaks. I wanted to use up the spare wax that I had, and I must say, it did pretty good. The scent throw was great (with BW)but I had minimal frosting, and the candles burn really well. I was pleased with them,but you should try it if you haven't yet. I just had a hell of a time with the EL, and after 7 months had to give up on it..not only did it frost but it got this really weird cauliflower look to it after a couple of burns. That was when I decided to switch. HTH

angela